Wine List for the Eurodam

mamaofami

On Hal's web site--go to OnLine gifts, there is a copy of the wine list

OK, I give up. I just spent almost half an hour on HAL's website and was unable to find a simple list of all the wines available.

First I had click which continent I live on, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click what country I live in, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click on what language I speak, and...wait for the page to regenerate. Finally, I'm in.

Searched all over the site, finally found out that I need to create an account. OK did that awhile back. I login. Ah there it is, Onboard Gifts! I clicked “Overview”…yep that’s what it was, an overview of the gifts. But no way to actually, y’know, order them. Oh, here it is…”Gift Selection” …nope, again no way actually view or order an actual gift. Same with the “Sommelier Package”. Nice enticing general descriptions of the gifts…but again, no way to access them. :confused: Finally, I clicked the FAQ. It says:

Q. How do I order onboard gifts?

A. Use our online purchasing tool (located on the overview page).

Um, I was just ON the "Overview Page". I return there and search harder. Oh, there it is, you can't see the blue clickable box unless you page down or scroll down. Maybe my bad for using Firefox? So I click on the blue box and for a second there, it looks promising, the page URL flashes “onboardgiftsprocessaction“ and…then I’m redirected to a whole ‘nother part of the website where I have to create a whole new login and password (wait, didn’t I do that before?). Yes, but apparently you need two separate logins and accounts to use HAL’s site.

So ok, set that all up and log in. Then I have to click the box next to my own name in order to “choose gifts”. Um, y’know, all I wanted was to take a look at what wines they serve on the ship.

Ok, clicked the box, then clicked the blue box (again) to “Choose Gifts”. Next, I select the category of gifts…"Wines and Champagne". I see a list of generic selections, like “Cline Cellars Zinfandel” and “Bon Voyage White Wine”. Oh, silly me, :p I need to click the “details” box for each one. A new window pops up. The “details” for the “Bon Voyage White Wine” are… “Bon Voyage White Wine, Bon Voyage White Wine”. No vintage, no year, nothing. Just “Bon Voyage White Wine”, $21.85. Thanks for those “details” HAL. :rolleyes:

So, I click around a bit more, then give up. If there is a wine list on their website, I can’t find it.

Go to this link and then click Printable Gift Order Form in the lower left corner for a general selection that should be available on all ships. (On page 2)

The Holiday Gift Selection Order Form link (in that same corner) may show some different wines ... I didn't compare them.

p.s. After posting this, I returned to HAL's site to take one last look for the winelist.

SESSION ALREADY EXPIRED

Unfortunately, we were unable to extend your session because it had already timed out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yes, I do understand that for bookings and credit card transaction they need a secure site.

But just to (try to) look at a cruise line's wine list? :(

Go to this link and then click Printable Gift Order Form in the lower left corner for a general selection that should be available on all ships. (On page 2)

The Holiday Gift Selection Order Form link (in that same corner) may show some different wines ... I didn't compare them.

Thanks. I forgot to add in my post that I clicked on all those too...there are a few wines listed, but what people are asking for is a wine list. Just that, a plain old list of all wines available on HAL ships.

Why is this so difficult? :confused:

If it really is the "printable gift order form" (I'm not going back to look, pretty fed up at this point), how is that in any way logical?

I don't want to "print" anything.

I don't want to "order" anything.

I don't want to give myself or anyone else a "gift".

I Just. Want. To. View. Their. Winelist!

I know of no listing on the HAL website for the wines carried on each ship. Seems next to impossible; not all ships carry the exact same wines. I would quit looking.

That said, if you e-mail HAL they may be able to find out for you.

The cellar on Eurodam is OK, and the cellarmaster is excellent. I guess I was remiss in not swiping a copy of the winelist, so I am unable to assist, other than to add that there were no Canadian wines.

Cheers

Mark

Wow - talk about gouging

beringer white zinfandel $33.35

pricing retail

BERINGER VINEYARDS WHITE ZINFANDEL ...

2001 California White ZinfandelFor many years, Beringer`s viticulture team has worked ... More

$6.99

BERINGER VINEYARDS WHITE ZINFANDEL ...

2001 California White ZinfandelFor many years, Beringer`s viticulture team has worked ... More

$10.99

button_gotostore.gif

resize?sq=60&uid= BERINGER VINEYARDS WHITE ZINFANDEL ...

Wine California Still Wine More

$9.99

button_gotostore.gif

Beringer White Zinfandel

More

$4.99

button_gotostore.gif

rosemount estate shiraz 51.75

ROSEMOUNT ESTATE SHIRAZ 2006 750ML

Wine AUSTRALIAN STILL WINE More

$10.99

button_gotostore.gif

Rosemount Estate Shiraz

More

$9.95

button_gotostore.gif

Assuming these are not reserves

5 x retail is terrible. I will bring my own wine. If I'm going to driink rosemount shiraz I will pay the corkage and still pay only 1/2 ship price

Go to this link
I did click your link.

First I had click which continent I live on, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click what country I live in, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click on what language I speak, and...wait for the page to regenerate.

I then realized that I would have to click about 10 more things, as well as logging in twice with two different logins and passwords...:(

Not worth it.

This hassle alone has made me change my mind about ordering ANY wine on our upcoming cruise. We're bringing our own.

I've tried to grab the info from the pdf - Hopefully the cut and paste worked okay.

Champagne, Mumm Cordon Rouge, Brut, France 67.85

Champagne, Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label 102.35

Champagne, Cuvee Dom Perignon, Brut, France 224.25

Beringer Napa Valley Chardonnay 62.10

Ferrai-Carano Alexander Valley Chardonnay 82.80

Ruffino Pinot Grigio 44.85

Blackstone Sauvignon Blanc 52.90

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 62.10

Beringer White Zinfandel 33.35

Beringer Founder’s Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 54.05

Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon 97.75

Northstar Merlot, Walla Walla, WA 108.10

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot 50.60

Rosemount Estate Shiraz 51.75

Cline Cellars Zinfandel 51.75

Sokol Blosser Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 78.20

Banfi Brunello di Montalcino 126.50

I did click your link.

First I had click which continent I live on, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click what country I live in, then wait for the page to regenerate. Then I had to click on what language I speak, and...wait for the page to regenerate.

I then realized that I would have to click about 10 more things, as well as logging in twice with two different logins and passwords...:(

Not worth it.

This hassle alone has made me change my mind about ordering ANY wine on our upcoming cruise. We're bringing our own.

You should only have to set the country and language settings once. I never get asked for that, unless I clean out the browser history.

And 'printable' doesn't mean you have to print it, it just means it is formatted better if you wanted to print it. ;)

You should only have to set the country and language settings once. I never get asked for that, unless I clean out the browser history.
People should not be expected to disable their browser's security settings just to view HAL's (non-existant) wine list.

People should not be expected to disable their browser's security settings just to view HAL's (non-existant) wine list.

I did not say anything about security settings!

I was trying to explain that the country/language selections stay in place for me with repeat visits and the only reason I could think of why one would have to re-enter it was if perhaps the browsing history was deleted. That is not browser secirity.

I did not say anything about security settings!

I was trying to explain that the country/language selections stay in place for me with repeat visits and the only reason I could think of why one would have to re-enter it was if perhaps the browsing history was deleted. That is not browser secirity.

It's not the browser history, it's persistent cookies. Unless you disable your browser's cookie security settings (ie "delete all cookies upon exiting session") you leave yourself wide open to having everything you do on the internet tracked. Bad, bad idea.

Unless I am actually booking a cruise, using a credit card or entering passport info, HAL does not need to be tracking me with cookies. Or, nagging me for continent, country, language and two separate logins just to view their (again, non-existant) winelist.

It's not the browser history, it's persistent cookies. Unless you disable your browser's cookie security settings (ie "delete all cookies upon exiting session") you leave yourself wide open to having everything you do on the internet tracked. Bad, bad idea.

Unless I am actually booking a cruise, using a credit card or entering passport info, HAL does not need to be tracking me with cookies. Or, nagging me for continent, country, language and two separate logins just to view their (again, non-existant) winelist.

I don't disable cookies or delete them so clearing browser history seemed to be the reason HAL might ask me to reselect country/language. I have not been asked to re-enter it a lot.

Thinking about: it browser history would not be where the selections are saved, but in cookies. Cookies are used by websites to remember such things to 'make you browsing experience easier'. You decide if you want that ease or would rather turn cookies off for security reaosns and be asked to re-enter some data.

As for the two logons, I am not sure I have come accross that.

Websites often have peculiarities. What drives me batty with HAL's website is that I may look at deck plans and after a while it will time me out due to inactivity. I am just browsing it, not booking a cruise or even logged on.

p.s. After posting this, I returned to HAL's site to take one last look for the winelist.

SESSION ALREADY EXPIRED

Unfortunately, we were unable to extend your session because it had already timed out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yes, I do understand that for bookings and credit card transaction they need a secure site.

But just to (try to) look at a cruise line's wine list? :(

I share your frustration with the Holland America website. For online check in I needed my booking code, the booking code for a second cabin, a password and my e-mail address. I completed three online check ins before noticing that because of updates I should revisit online check in two days before departure! Oh, good! I can do it again in a month. Like I won't be busy the day before flying out.

Upon leaving online check in, I need to do the booking code again to book shore excursions. Browse away from a non-secure HAL web page for a moment in another tab or window and battle the session timing out.

If anyone wants a web workout, try finding the cruise contract, the Know Before You Go brochure, ship phone numbers, and the cost of a cell phone call from a HAL ship at sea. Make a contest of it - start a timer and see how long it takes you.

If anyone wants a web workout, try finding the cruise contract, the Know Before You Go brochure, ship phone numbers, and the cost of a cell phone call from a HAL ship at sea. Make a contest of it - start a timer and see how long it takes you.

Can you win Dam Dollars? :)

Archived