Cabin water is CLEANER then bottled

Moltar

Just thought you should know. I always see people bringing cases and cases of water onboard. The water produced on your ship is the purest H20 you can get without going to a Science Lab. I am not making that up. Just wondering if the people who bring bottled water by the case or cases realize that even that water isnt as clean as the water on the ship.

http://cruisefever.net/should-you-bring-bottled-water-on-your-cruise-ship/

[YOUTUBE]ECg0vZt-s-E[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Moltar

I don't bring water on, but, for me, the appeal of the bottled water is the convenience aspect. Sure I could bring a refillable bottle, but, I don't. I also don't have to worry about losing it. I know it's not very green of me, but, I am on vacation. ;-)

Some people prefer certain brands of water. Some people like having a bottle with them at all times. I don't drink tap water out of my own sink because it is hard, that doesn't mean it isn't drinkable.

Since I'm not carrying the cases on I don't care if others chose to do so.

There is something about the water on the ship that makes me retain water, and my feet and hands swell, which in turn aggravates other medical/cardiac issues. Whether this is scientifically explainable is irrelevant to me. I just know that I swell when I drink ship's water and I don't swell when I drink bottled water, regardless of the increased salt in the food I am eating. So, it is better for me to carry on the bottled water.

Also, the bottled water comes in handy to bring ashore on port days too!

There is something about the water on the ship that makes me retain water, and my feet and hands swell, which in turn aggravates other medical/cardiac issues. Whether this is scientifically explainable is irrelevant to me. I just know that I swell when I drink ship's water and I don't swell when I drink bottled water, regardless of the increased salt in the food I am eating. So, it is better for me to carry on the bottled water.

Are you sure it is the water? Have you ruled out everything else?

Of course you dismiss it with "Whether this is scientifically explainable is irrelevant to me."

Are you sure it is the water? Have you ruled out everything else?

Of course you dismiss it with "Whether this is scientifically explainable is irrelevant to me."

Yes, I've ruled everything else out. And, I am not the only person who experiences this.

Of course you dismiss my personal comments/experiences. If it doesn't happen to you, then I guess it doesn't happen to anyone, right?

Edited by DonnaK

Yes, I've ruled everything else out. And, I am not the only person who experiences this.

Of course you dismiss my personal comments/experiences. If it doesn't happen to you, then I guess it doesn't happen to anyone, right?

You are not the only one. I swapped out ship water for primarily bottled water a while ago and it made a big difference in my swelling. Agree it seems on this site if it doesn't happen to me it can't be true. What's the big deal, we drink what works for us and they drink what works for them. Wouldn't it be a pretty boring world if we were all the same?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I DRINK BOTTLED WATER!!!!! I love bottled water!!!! No BS. I just learned recently though before my prior cruise that cruise water is as pure as it gets and for some, like me, they may want to reconsider bringing bottled water if they were using it under the assuption that the cruise ship water was not as clean, etc..

At home we drink water that goes through a Brita filter. On the ship, I drink their water--I've been cruising since long before anyone drank bottled water so it never would occur to me to try to haul a case of water on a ship. I do bring a couple of refillable bottles for excursions. Usually get free promotional ones so don't care if they disappear.

If anyone has been drinking Aquafina, guess what, Pepsi just admitted it wasnt even filtered on their end and they just used municipal tapwater straight up.

I don't drink Aquafina, but would be interested in a definitive source for this statement.

Edited by bouhunter

After desalination, minerals are added back into the ship's water.

There must be a difference in the balance of minerals between what's added to ship's water and what's in the bottled water, causing the reaction in my body (and in other's body) to retain water and swell.

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Bottle-Filter-Designs/dp/B00AB8NOPY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477407674

We use these. We lost one on a trip to China... it cost <$13 to replace. We'd used it 50x or more, so it was not a big deal.

I bought a box of 6 cartridge refills that I've only used 1 or 2??? so far and we use them pretty often. We take them on cruises, on vacations, to the beach, etc.

We fill them up on the ship WITH CUPS AS THE SIGN SAYS TO.

If anyone has been drinking Aquafina, guess what, Pepsi just admitted it wasnt even filtered on their end and they just used municipal tapwater straight up.

No, they didn't. They admitted that it came from public water sources vs coming directly from a stream/lake/glacier, but it does still go through the full 7 step filtering process. All that Pepsi announced was that they would add "PWS" to the bottles so people would know that it came from publicly sourced water rather than naturally sourced water (stream, lake, glacier, etc)

FWIW I'm very picky about water, there are only a couple brands of bottled water I can drink without adding some sort of flavoring and Aquafina isn't one I can drink, but it is definitely not straight up unfiltered tap water.

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Bottle-Filter-Designs/dp/B00AB8NOPY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477407674

We use these. We lost one on a trip to China... it cost <$13 to replace. We'd used it 50x or more, so it was not a big deal.

I bought a box of 6 cartridge refills that I've only used 1 or 2??? so far and we use them pretty often. We take them on cruises, on vacations, to the beach, etc.

We fill them up on the ship WITH CUPS AS THE SIGN SAYS TO.

Love the links in your sig :) You should definitely add the pepper grinder thread too :D

Donna I just did a search regarding you and others feet swelling and the feeling is, since the water we drink on a ship is really the salt water run through the desalination process they use, retains more Salt then what we drink at home. I only drink water mainly when going on tours and stay with ice tea or juices. Although I do drink Pepsi at home, i am lucky to have two cokes during a 2 week cruise. How true this is I can't say just going but what I just read.

You are not the only one. I swapped out ship water for primarily bottled water a while ago and it made a big difference in my swelling. Agree it seems on this site if it doesn't happen to me it can't be true. What's the big deal, we drink what works for us and they drink what works for them. Wouldn't it be a pretty boring world if we were all the same?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Can I join the swelling club? I don't want to, but it happens to me too. By day 2 or 3 I can't wear my shoes and continue the cruise wearing flip flops or adjustable sandals. My wedding rings are so tight that it's painful and my legs look like tree trunks.

I use no added salt and have sent back food, mainly soups as they were way too salty.

This happens to many of us, it is real, don't you think I'd want to wear my cute shoes? They are staying home this time. Not taking shoes will give me more room anyway. :(

I only use bottled water for convenience, for instance on car trips. I actually like our home well water much better anyway.

I do use the ship's water without any swelling, luckily. I am a big water drinker and don't really like most other beverages. We just bring a few bottles of water on board with us (or empties in the case of NCL!) and refill as needed.

I don't like the taste as well as our home water (and also don't like the taste of most municipal, cholorinated, water) but when cold it's ok.