2017 Cruises are open for reservations on Oct 7, 2015 .... BUT...

Wren3

I called Oceania today and agent was able to put a courtesy hold on my itinerary and cabin category for Jan 2017 sailing even though the season officially opens for bookings on Oct. 7th, 2015. For those who are looking for the high demand cabin categories, you may want to call Oceania and get an advance courtesy hold in place for your itinerary. You will then call on Oct 7th, 2015 and complete the reservation.

Edited by Wren3

I think you might be looking at segments of the Insignia world cruise that went on sale last month

Nope, Marina, Dec 2016 South America

Edited by ORV

Probably just part of the marketing BS to give the impression that things are in high demand or booking fast . Caveat Emptor .

Lot of BS in cruise marketing like day booking opens claimes of saving X $ on launch or brochure fares . This is a nonsense as if the reduced fare is avaialble the day bookings open, you and no body saves a cent as you are all booking at the reduced fare . Again Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware .

I received a newsletter from my Alumni University in mid September stating that they are now moving to O for their Alumni cruises (from a mass market line previously), and advertised 3 cruises available for winter/spring 2016-2017 and listed a number to call for their booking TA. Also stated that space is limited, so book early for your choice. I received the newsletter in MID September....how does that work? Did someone already block out the rooms, or do they wait until they have x amt of rooms before booking? I won't be going, and it isn't a huge University, so imagine it wouldn't be more than 50-100 or so per cruise, but it may affect bookings? Sorry, I didn't keep the newsletter so don't know the exact dates anymore.

Probably just part of the marketing BS to give the impression that things are in high demand or booking fast . Caveat Emptor .

Lot of BS in cruise marketing like day booking opens claimes of saving X $ on launch or brochure fares . This is a nonsense as if the reduced fare is avaialble the day bookings open, you and no body saves a cent as you are all booking at the reduced fare . Again Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware .

All well and good, and yes the prices rarely go up, sometimes even down, BUT, to get your choice of room on SOME itineraries does require early booking.

Has nothing to do with price.

Edited by ORV

I was able to take advantage of the new Olife offer today. We had done early booking on Insignia Oct 2016 Lima to BA cruise in a VS. Those have been waitlisted for some time now due to early booking deal. My TA checked today on cost difference to add Olife and it was only and additional $200pp. We already had free internet, but free gratuities and 5 free shore excursions each made this a very nice perk for a small additional price.

We booked today another cruise with Oceania ~ Baja and the Riviera on the Regatta 7 Jan 2017 for 10 days and received the OLife offer which includes free internet, shore excursions and gratuities. Does anyone know what the internet minutes are for this offer? Thank you.

The Oceania agent said we got the last Inside Stateroom (4034) G Category. I did not realize it was a handicap accessible stateroom until I received my booking reservation via email ~ now I feel bad as we don't require an accessible cabin and someone may need one.

Edited by Wren3

We booked today another cruise with Oceania ~ Baja and the Riviera on the Regatta 7 Jan 2017 for 10 days and received the OLife offer which includes free internet, shore excursions and gratuities. Does anyone know what the internet minutes are for this offer? Thank you.

The Oceania agent said we got the last Inside Stateroom (4034) G Category. I did not realize it was a handicap accessible stateroom until I received my booking reservation via email ~ now I feel bad as we don't require an accessible cabin and someone may need one.

Usually unlimited but only one account

You can use different devices but only one at a time

it should be under the fine print for the O Life package

I am surprised you got the H/C this far out but if someone needs it they will move you ( I hope)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All...This will be our second time on Oceania... We had our TA on the phone at 8:30AM on 10/7 - By noon the cabins were on waitlist...

We received the O brochure a few weeks ago for a late transatlantic on the new Sirena in June, 2017 out of Miami (we live in S. FL) and it was a great deal and itinerary - 16 days plus $400SBC, free Internet (for one account), 5 free excursions and gratuities included and free air (though we are taking the air deviation out of Rome) all for $3,200PP. Sounds good to me...:) Those are the deals we love...:p

Edited by neilrr