Cabins to avoid article

garywarry

My son was on deck 11 on P&O Azura Caribbean New Year 2015 A425 and sandwiched between decks as well. The noise was terrible 24 hours a day but the actual vibration was worse.

We of course complained but they could do nothing about it. Some people that were complaining after said that it was something to do with the funnel extractors.

Had been on Azura twice before and experienced nothing like this at all. What was also evident was that there were several people complaining from Deck 3 upwards and they were saying never going again etc.

Something was wrong but no-one attempted to explain.

Afraid to risk going on Azura or for that matter Ventura again and this was Deck 11.

To top it all we are big fans of P&O!

Edited by garywarry
correction

How do I do that?

Howdy again garywarry! Welcome back to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here forum again! emo22.gif

This is the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as thread subscriptions, avatars, signatures, countdown clocks, etc. That's why there are soooo many Sticky threads on the first pages in this forum since soooo many of the same questions are asked over... and over again. emo3.gif

Your thread on this forum was off-topic here and has been moved to the P&O Cruises ( UK ) forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38. It is the same link Scrapnana gave you. All you needed to do was click the link in their post to go directly to the P&O Cruises ( UK ) forum.

I sincerely hope this additional information will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message board and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Kat emo32.gif

Same here I was midships C deck on Azura in June and had a horrible humming sound which really disturbed my sleep - I was really excited to be on a lower deck too! I shall go back to Riveria deck - slept much better!

Just got back off the Azura on Saturday (review to follow!) had a fab holiday but we had 2 cabins on A deck and both were noisy. A625 had terrible banging and clattering which we believe is something to do with being below the funnels, the other cabin was A617 which was next door but one and didn't experience this but there was still a lot of noise and on asking our stewardess it turns out the galley is above these cabins. I did have concerns before we went as I saw from the plans there was a large area of white space directly above. This didn't spoil the holiday but if choosing a cabin I would definitely avoid this area.

were you in the same block as us Trish or does it also affect cabins further along the corridor? We liked the location of the deck as it was near the buffet :) and as it was a guarantee cabin it was pot luck anyway but if choosing a cabin would steer well clear of the area. There was actually a mix up when we arrived as a crew member was already in one of our cabins A625 so they had to move out. This turned out to be the one that suffered terrible banging and strange noises from the funnel, makes you wonder if they put crew in it because there had been previous complaints.

were you in the same block as us Trish or does it also affect cabins further along the corridor? We liked the location of the deck as it was near the buffet :) and as it was a guarantee cabin it was pot luck anyway but if choosing a cabin would steer well clear of the area. There was actually a mix up when we arrived as a crew member was already in one of our cabins A625 so they had to move out. This turned out to be the one that suffered terrible banging and strange noises from the funnel, makes you wonder if they put crew in it because there had been previous complaints.

We were in A533 and there was a white area near us too.:mad:

This is our first time with P&O on the Azura we are staying on the Lido deck cabins L206 and L210 please tell me they are not noisy.

Lido deck is really handy for the pool deck but you might hear a little noise from above.:mad:

We met a lot people with noisy cabins New Year 2015 and a few were a lot lower down as expected but not all. We have been on Azura twice before and had not heard of any problems before, which is really strange. We had New Year 2016 booked on Azura and P&O let us cancel this and gave us all our money back including all credit card charges, fantastic. We are afraid to book either Azura or Ventura after that awful experience. We really like P&O but the noise and vibration 24 hours a day was impossible. Have tried other cruise lines and booked Britannia for 2 cruises. Think there is something that P&O Azura are not prepared to admit or discuss.

We have cruised 11 times. With P&O 4 limes, NCL 3, RCI 3 and Celebrity 1. Fully aware of engines and 24/7 and all that but this was different. Met at least 20 persons talking about it and moving cabins etc and we,and others were compensated in a smallway. I have a DVD of the noise you would not believe. Azura went in for a refit soon after. There was a problem read other posts. I would not wish anyone that 14 day cabin experience.