Please tell me its true

the english lady

OH has booked another cruise!!!

Looking at the list it looks like my favourite captain of all time Neil Turnbull, is back in charge of Aurora at the end of the year. Please confirm this is true. I will be so happy as I think he is such a good captain..who else has a 1000 gazelles disembarking from their ship in port???

We last seem to have been on Aurora in 2012, so what are the different eating places now.

Also which is the club MDR, and which is the freedom MDR?

Thank you most nicely...

The one at the back is the club one. Other eateries are the Glass House, Sindhu? and the Beach house.

Oh poop I was hoping the back one would be freedom. We could never find it of an evening..as you cannot walk front to the back of the ship on the same deck.

Looking forward to trying the glasshouse and Sindhi.

She was in Oslo the same time as Arcadia and looked very smart.

I know what you mean about Captain Turnbull! He was ours on Azura in May, the ceuise that got curtailed by two days and dropped two ports. He really made it for us, and we would love to have him as Captain again. He called himself "Cap-tane"! We looked forward to every announcement.

I know what you mean about Captain Turnbull! He was ours on Azura in May, the ceuise that got curtailed by two days and dropped two ports. He really made it for us, and we would love to have him as Captain again. He called himself "Cap-tane"! We looked forward to every announcement.

As did we.. You also saw him about the ship, which we never did with the Captain on Arcadia.

He sounds a great Cap-tane- might he be in post for the New Year cruise?

I know what you mean about getting lost on the way to the MDR at the back of the ship, english lady. We often cut it a bit fine for dinner as we got lost and had to ask the way one or two times. Need signposts!!!!

Edited by Scriv

He sounds a great Cap-tane- might he be in post for the New Year cruise?

I know what you mean about getting lost on the way to the MDR at the back of the ship, english lady. We often cut it a bit fine for dinner as we got lost and had to ask the way one or two times. Need signposts!!!!

He is a fantastic captain,and may still be there in the new year.

When we sailed past the Gallipoli memorials he read a very moving poem,even though it was early morning.

One feels really silly losing an MDR..we used to think it was pure luck that we ended up there .

It was really difficult - then if you went from one show at the front of the ship to the venue at the backnext to the aft MDR , you had the same problem. Such stress lol.

Edited by Scriv

English lady, to get to the Alexandria (club restaurant) where we always

Go. Start at the theatre deck 7. Front end, forward. Walk to the back,

Aft. Go down I deck to deck 6. There you are!!. Back on aurora end of October.

Hope neil turnbull is there. Our favourite captain, over many cruises.

Very nice unassuming chap to chat to.

English lady, to get to the Alexandria (club restaurant) where we always

Go. Start at the theatre deck 7. Front end, forward. Walk to the back,

Aft. Go down I deck to deck 6. There you are!!. Back on aurora end of October.

Hope neil turnbull is there. Our favourite captain, over many cruises.

Very nice unassuming chap to chat to.

Silver service, thanks for the directions, but what you may not realise is when I am looking for the blunt end MDR, it moves. you may not realise that it can do that....but it does....

Now I know he will be on board I am really looking forward to it....good to know he has recovered from his illness as well

I'm another Cap-tane Turnbull fan. Delighted he is back to full health, gutted he is leaving Azura for Aurora, because although it's clear Aurora is "his" ship and where his heart is, in reality we are more likely to cruise on Azura for the next year or two because of the children.

Perhaps there is something I don't know about.

Was on aurora in April, and the Alexandria eateries was still at the back

End deck 6. If something has changed , I will find out in October!

It was still there in July ;)

Aurora is nice. You don't have long corridors so don't see great stampeding herds of cruisers trying to get from the theatre to the show lounge :D

It was still there in July ;)

Aurora is nice. You don't have long corridors so don't see great stampeding herds of cruisers trying to get from the theatre to the show lounge :D

No because they are all still wandering around lost trying to find the back restaurant.;)

Don't take us too seriously, silver service, we know you are right, but there are many of us who always seem to get lost en route.

No because they are all still wandering around lost trying to find the back restaurant.;)

Don't take us too seriously, silver service, we know you are right, but there are many of us who always seem to get lost en route.

Do sat navs work on a ship??

Or tie a piece of string to our chair that is very very very long.

Or leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

It's funny I have always found all the other MDR s on other ships, it just that one I have problems with.