forgive P and O not always what it seems

hmtfizz

I have read criticism of P and O for the emergency 'drill' they carried out at Zebrugge,( Azura A515). Actually when they shut the lifts down as People were getting off. it was because they were trying to get me off the ship and to intensive care following a massive stroke I had on board ship. People were not willing to stop and wait for my stretcher to be taken off the ship and the crew had a very difficult time. It was a real emergency and I nearly died, clearly P and O , or any other cruise line cannot always tell passengers the reasons for their actions, perhaps sometimes we passengers need to be more patient and understanding.

thank you, for the size of stroke I had I am making a spectacular recovery. I really appreciate the value of good insurance and the NHS as the nursing care in the Belgium hospital was very poor

So sorry to hear about your traumatic experience and I do hope you are now on the road to recovery.

I think this is a lesson to us all if we encounter seemingly unexplainable hold ups to make sure we do not hinder any emergency procedures and not be so quick to complain or criticize unless in full possession of all the facts.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Edited by Scriv

I have read criticism of P and O for the emergency 'drill' they carried out at Zebrugge,( Azura A515). Actually when they shut the lifts down as People were getting off. it was because they were trying to get me off the ship and to intensive care following a massive stroke I had on board ship. People were not willing to stop and wait for my stretcher to be taken off the ship and the crew had a very difficult time. It was a real emergency and I nearly died, clearly P and O , or any other cruise line cannot always tell passengers the reasons for their actions, perhaps sometimes we passengers need to be more patient and understanding.

Hello hmtfizz,

Don’t passengers act really strange when it come to medical emergencies onboard the ship.

I was uplifted by USA Helicopter Sea Rescue Service off the ship in the middle of the sea between Cayman Islands and Key West to be transferred to hospital in Key West.

It was a dreadful frightening experience for me but worse of all was for my husband who actually had to stand by and watch me lifted into the very dark night sky with flash light going off all over the place around him and that was due to passengers talking photographs of a very ill patient who needed emergency medical treatment. ME. I really don’t understand how passengers would wish to take photographs of someone who was very ill they didn’t know and would never see again.

Alas hmtfizz, we are both still here to tell the tale and that is what is most important. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that it does not put you off cruising in the future.

Best regards

Pat

Glad you are both ok.

Sadly it's human nature to have a look.

When we were on Adonia, someone who we had all seen, and knew by sight, was taken off. The Captain was Sarah Breton, who was great, and authoritive, and she asked that all passengers respected the situation and did not look over the side at the time. We heard that this was adhered to almost 100%

Hmtfizz and Pat - hoping that you are both now well on the mend. Such a scary time for both you and your loved ones and I'm so glad you are getting better.

Hope you get to cruise again and have a less traumatic end to your trip the next time. Happy cruising.

Yes, this is a reminder that the whole world doesn't run for our pleasure - something it is easy to forget in the atmosphere of a cruise liner!

It must have been a terrifying experience for both of you, on top of feeling desperately unwell. I'm glad that you are both here to tell the tale and hope that you both return to full health - and many more cruises.