Rccl Legends Of The Sea Refit?

I'm interested in this information also. I know the Legend went into drydock but I'm not sure if it's for a refurbish.

We are sailing her in February 2006 and hope that she is undergoing a refurbish.

Anyone out there know the status?

I was told legends of the sea was to be refurbished. Cant seem to find any new on this where would I look.

Hi All,

We were on the Legend TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon April 10th to 20th. Just after Arrival in Lisbon she went into Drydock in Portugal. Mainwork to be completed was the adding of a Latte-Tudes, the remodeling of the Windjammer, new carpets, etc.

She made her first Cruise after Drydock on May 3rd from Southampton and will be sailing from Southamton all Summer. Hope we will see some pics/infos from anyone sailing on her.

However, she was in good condition for a 10 year old Girl. Not as sparkling as a Radiance Class-Ship, but in good condition.

Cheers,

Phil:)

She is definitely just gotten out of dry dock. We sailed on her in March, second to the last cruise before she went in for her refit. There were some areas of the ship that were in need of repair we found out. Wish we would have waited until after the refit to sail on her.

BTW-We had booked over a year a head of sailing and only reason we did is that RCI told us that she would have already been in dry dock before our sailing. Guess the schedule was set back a bit. Unfortunately for us.

But the great thing about her is her crew, she has one of the best crews afloat.

Enjoy!

We also took Legend on March 17 (Hawaii to Ensenada). We had a cabin on deck 2. There was a leak in the ceiling near the aft elevator that looked rather tacky with a container in the middle of the floor. Our cabin was great for sleeping but needed updating. Alot of the dinner food was not to our liking because it had too much salt for my taste. We made the mistake of getting a table for 2--which meant we were the last people served every night. Ended up eating at buffets. We did have the best cabin steward ever on a cruise who made up for everything lacking in the dining room. We are looking forward to sailing Jewel in October. It will be nice to be on a newer ship with more dining options.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

She is definitely just gotten out of dry dock. We sailed on her in March, second to the last cruise before she went in for her refit. There were some areas of the ship that were in need of repair we found out. Wish we would have waited until after the refit to sail on her.

BTW-We had booked over a year a head of sailing and only reason we did is that RCI told us that she would have already been in dry dock before our sailing. Guess the schedule was set back a bit. Unfortunately for us.

But the great thing about her is her crew, she has one of the best crews afloat.

Enjoy!

:cool: Thank you for all your threads, we will be sailing from southampton on the 2nd July 2005 on Legends of the sea, I also would love to see what it looks like,I havent to long to wait(YIPPEE).We are staying in a JS aft D9 if anyone has stayed in this suit ,maybe you could send a thread I would love to hear all about it.

Happy sailing

Shaz:D

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for information on LOS. Will be sailing Jan 14th 2006. Staying in GS 8008. Would like to hear from anyone familiar with this ship and particularly these suites. Thanks!

We actually had booked 8008 for our cruise in March/April, then DH decided he wanted the exact same GS we had last time so we switched over to 8012. Nice cabins although I am sure they shrunk a bit since we were last in them in 2001. lol I had just remembered them being larger.

But they are very comfortable with lots of space and a very nice bathroom, although there isn't a jacuzzi tub.

The only thing we were really disappointed in where the amenities in the GS this time. There were very few to speak of which was a great disappointment to us. In 2001 the list was extensive, but upon checking, I was told that they have revamped their suite perks on this class of ship. Revamped must have meant taken away, as there just weren't many at all compared to before, or other lines we have sailed on in full suites.

We sailed on LOS from Southampton May 7th this year. Im not sure what was done on the refit. The seating in our cabin could have done with a refurbish. It was badly worn and had cigarette burns on it. That was really the only major fault on what was a fantastic cruise.

Returned from Legend of the Seas Cruise 1 week ago.

The refit was New Carpets in most of the Restraunts and Bars, new furniture in most public areas, new Matresses in most Cabins.

Change of on board currency to £'s, and complete non-smoking in all inside areas of the ship to suit british market.

Smoking only allowed at rear of ship deck 10.

, and complete non-smoking in all inside areas of the ship to suit british market.

Smoking only allowed at rear of ship deck 10.

When I was on in May they allowed smoking in half of the Schooner Bar although they didnt enforce the rules too strictly

Change of on board currency to £'s,

Why would they make this kind of change? Will it remain that way for all iteneraries? We go on LOS in March 06 and have an E. Caribbean tour.

Sher

Why would they make this kind of change? Will it remain that way for all iteneraries? We go on LOS in March 06 and have an E. Caribbean tour.

Sher

I think it will be changed back to $US when they stop sailing from Southampton:)

Cruisegirl nice to hear from someone who will be sailing with us! As I've said before, this is our first cruise so hopefully will be able to meet some of you at the Meet & Mingle. We can hardly wait! I was watching the TLC or Discovery channel (not sure which) and saw a program on the refurbishment of one of the older RCCL ships. That was informative. Too bad this one was not done to the extent of the one on the tv.:(

We sailed on the Legend of the Sea on May 7th from Southampton. Captain Nik is a first class captain from Greece. You will enjoy meeting him, he gets out and about almost every day and mingles with the passengers. The refirbishments include a whole new Windjammer cafe. The problem now is, it has 60 less seats than before the refirbishment. The Legend still has some work to be done to create a new seating area outside undercover. We had cabin 8502 and directly above us is a new coffee maker. The initial noise was unbearable. The ships maintanence staff worked with us and by day 3, very little noise could be heard from the machine.

They did add more tiles in the Windjammer, so anyone in a suite, from the Royal Suite to all of the Owners Suites have more noise from carts being pushed at 5 AM to the sound of shoes walking at all hours. It's interesting to point out, that on the day of embarkation, most people wear street shoes, and they make the most noise.

Other refirbishments include new carpeting in some of the common areas, and new upholestry in the Royal Suite.

Hope this answers some of the questions.

we sail Legend on the 2nd July , we are in Cabin 8506 how was the cabin, we have never cruised before therefore have no preconceptions of what to expect. Did you get anything special for being in a GS. Thanks

Archived