Disney Dream - Room Selection & Sea Sickness

MexicoMark

I am starting to second guess my room selection on the Disney Dream. My family and I will be staying in room #9508, which is obviously on deck #9 and in the front of the ship. My concern is that we may fell more motion and one of us will end up getting sea sick. Have any of you stayed on an upper deck and in the front of the ship? How was the motion? We are sailing in April.

My family stayed in an upper deck inthe rear of the ship - could feel more motion than we normally do (we usually stay mid-ship, upper decks) but it did not bother us at all. At the time we were traveling with an 7 year old, 10 year old, my brother (44), myself (39) and my wife (37) in two adjoining rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct that the higher you are and the farther from the center of the ship, the more motion you will experience. Whether that motion causes mal de mer is another question. Some people are horribly sensitive, others not at all. I am horrible on small boats, back seat of car...and don't even think about amusement park rides. However, no problems at all on the DCL ships.

You can change your cabin by calling your TA or DCL if you feel so inclined. Remember that a lot depends on how smooth or rough the sea is as well as location....although the DCL ships do have great stabilizers.