Photo Packages

tazmanrmv

My family and I will be on the Dream in April and I was looking to see if I could find any information on photo packages on Disney Cruises. Specifically prices and such. Searching the web wasn't too successful.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

My family and I will be on the Dream in April and I was looking to see if I could find any information on photo packages on Disney Cruises. Specifically prices and such. Searching the web wasn't too successful.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Go to "My Cruise Photos" under the In-Room Gifts link on the "Planning Center" tab at the DCL website.

Better still, here's a link:

http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=GiftsPort%2BCanaveral%2B&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=GiftsPort%2BCanaveral%2B

If you are within 3 months of your cruise, you can input your ship/date info to find out the packages available on your specific cruise. Or you can just input any date so you can see what sorts of packages they have on other cruises.

Edited by Shmoo here

The one thing that used to frustrate us on DCL was the Shutters experience. Finding your photos used to be a madhouse of an experience and the prices are not cheap. For the most recent cruise we spend roughly $150.00 and obtained all of our photos on a digital file; we received the rights to download 10 of these photos and will take them to Costco ourselves to have photos finished, and can make as many copies as we want. The effective price for the 10 photos plus matte paper is around $18 per photo (including the DCL files and Costco charges) less than on the ship, and the extra copies are less than $2. What we really liked about this option was the ability to select our photos after we got home away from the madhouse of Shutters (although that has improved dramatically). This is a good option to consider unless you only wish to buy just a few photos.

The one thing that used to frustrate us on DCL was the Shutters experience. Finding your photos used to be a madhouse of an experience and the prices are not cheap. For the most recent cruise we spend roughly $150.00 and obtained all of our photos on a digital file; we received the rights to download 10 of these photos and will take them to Costco ourselves to have photos finished, and can make as many copies as we want. The effective price for the 10 photos plus matte paper is around $18 per photo (including the DCL files and Costco charges) less than on the ship, and the extra copies are less than $2. What we really liked about this option was the ability to select our photos after we got home away from the madhouse of Shutters (although that has improved dramatically). This is a good option to consider unless you only wish to buy just a few photos.

One of the experiences my DD loves is the character meet and greets. We always get dragged into lines when she sees them at Disney World, so I can see us buying a lot of photos. The all inclusive package seems like the way to go.

One of the experiences my DD loves is the character meet and greets. We always get dragged into lines when she sees them at Disney World, so I can see us buying a lot of photos. The all inclusive package seems like the way to go.

That's great IF you want to spend that much money on photos. On the other hand, if you bring your own camera the character attendant is happy to take individual and family shots using your equipment. Your only cost is that of printing those shots that you choose. Note--this is the character attendant, not the professional photographers. But then, I've taken pictures that I like better than the professional shots.

If you plan to get a lot of photos, the entire disk + the prints can be a good value. Do be sure to check the disk the evening before the cruise ends to be sure that ALL the photos you think you should have are on it.

It's been a while since on a Disney Cruise or park, but never has the happiest place I recalled that for character pictures or elsewhere that I couldn't find people to take a snapshot with my smartphone or my thousand $ rig. Formal setups were of course a different matter.

True--there are a few backdrops set up for formal portraits where you are not allowed to take your own, and the photo with captain is a "professionals only" usually (they don't want to take time for the shuffling of cameras, etc). But the vast majority of places, you are welcome to shoot your own/have an attendant shoot with your camera.

I usually buy the CD since pics are my favorite souvenir. Also, I like the ability to print the pics in any size. The prints on the cruise come in at sizes and you can't choose. One of them is an odd size that doesn't fit in most standard frames properly.

That's great IF you want to spend that much money on photos. On the other hand' date=' if you bring your own camera the character attendant is happy to take individual and family shots using your equipment. Your only cost is that of printing those shots that you choose. Note--this is the character attendant, not the professional photographers. But then, I've taken pictures that I like better than the professional shots.

If you plan to get a lot of photos, the entire disk + the prints can be a good value. Do be sure to check the disk the evening before the cruise ends to be sure that ALL the photos you think you should have are on it.[/quote']

We just got off the Fantasy ( spectacular) and although my husband took many pictures, my daughter decided to buy the photo book for $150. I believe it had 34 pictures all organized and bound in hard cover. She ordered it the last night and picked it up after breakfast the last morning. Since they also spent $150 on the dolphin pictures CD (bargained down from $250) in Cozumel, it was a big expenditure but very well worth it.

Edited by pthjudy

We just got off the Fantasy ( spectacular) and although my husband took many pictures, my daughter decided to buy the photo book for $150. I believe it had 34 pictures all organized and bound in hard cover. She ordered it the last night and picked it up after breakfast the last morning.

I'm surprised at this! When we were ordering the photo book we were informed that it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery.