Has anyone been able to change their dining time onboard Dream?

Laurba99

I just realized we have late dining and an antsy 7 hrs old who I don't think will make an 8:15 dining time pleasant. If we go right to customer service when we first board do we have a shot at getting the earlier slot? Also off-topic but are there character meals onboard. Is there a charge or do characters walk through the regular dining times?

First, when do you cruise? If it is more than 2 weeks from now, call DCL and ask to be wait listed for main seating (early). Then call about once a month and ask whether you have been moved yet.

If you check in and your KTTW card indicates that you are still on late dining, go immediately to "Dining Changes" at the location listed on the Welcome Aboard Navigator that is available in the terminal. It is USUALLY in Royal Palace, but not always. You will speak with one of the head servers there an ask to be changed.

Can it happen? Absolutely. But your best chance is to work the wait list in advance.

There are no character meals on the Dream. Lots of reasons starting with crowded dining rooms and short cruises.

There are, however, characters all around the ship. You'll find them at official meet and greets (times listed on the Navigators, PALS line on the phone, signage in the lobby, etc.) but will also often encounter them in a hallway, elevator, walking thru the pool area, etc. as well as scheduled appearances at kid activities.

I just realized we have late dining and an antsy 7 hrs old who I don't think will make an 8:15 dining time pleasant. If we go right to customer service when we first board do we have a shot at getting the earlier slot? Also off-topic but are there character meals onboard. Is there a charge or do characters walk through the regular dining times?

There are no character meals on the Dream. Lots of character meet & greets, though. And Anna/Elsa/Olaf(maybe) meet & greets are a ticketed event. Free tickets, but limited. Check your first Navigator to find out where/when to pick up the tickets.

So we sail in a few days and I took a chance and called our travel agent. I'm in shock but they changed both of our cabins to early dining. I'm so relieved! I heard there are pricey concessions stands when you enter the show. Is that true and what do they sell and how much and why can't that be included!

First, it is very easy to avoid them! Secondly, you just came from dinner (you have early dining and second show). Thirdly, if you need a beverage, your dining room server will happily bring you a covered cup of your soft drink of choice which you can carry into the theatre.

What they serve--alcohol, smoothies, soft drinks (that you can get free in the dining room or on the pool deck), various munchies.

30+ DCL cruises and the only thing we've ever purchased before a show was that DD got a smoothie a couple of times. We LIKE late dining, so we are typically in the "why eat now when dinner is coming up" mode. If we want a beverage, we get a free one from pool deck and take it with us.

Why can't it be included? No bagged/boxed candies are included, nor are specialty beverages. Honestly, if you need boxed candy for a show or movie, go to your grocery store and toss a handful of boxes in your suitcase! We don't buy that crap at movie theatre prices on land either! We can go for an hour or two without eating or drinking.

Ok thanks! This is helpful. Normally we are good at saying no to my son but mother in law is joining and he will get her to buy anything so this will be a losing battle. But are there places to get deserts or snacks after the show that do not cost extra?

Ok thanks! This is helpful. Normally we are good at saying no to my son but mother in law is joining and he will get her to buy anything so this will be a losing battle. But are there places to get deserts or snacks after the show that do not cost extra?

Room service is open 24/7. You can also get late night snacks at 11 pm--check locations on the Navigator. There is typically one in the adult only areas and one in family areas. Pizza is available till midnight usually. All of these are included in your cruise fare. And you can always grab something from the buffet and store it in your refrigerator.

If MIL wants to waste her money, let her! Not your problem.

I don't care about the money ( I mean this isn't a huge amount) but I care about how much sugar she will feed him

:)

That makes sense. Talk to her in advance (?). Maybe suggest that he can have pizza after the show because at least that has some protein in it? Or if he really needs more food, you can order room service.