Diamond=Elite??

Sea and Me

We are Diamond on RCCL and I understand that is Elite on Celebrity. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the perks are with Elite status? We are thinking of doing a cruise on Celebrity in October.

Thank you.

Carol

We are Diamond on RCCL and I understand that is Elite on Celebrity. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the perks are with Elite status? We are thinking of doing a cruise on Celebrity in October.

Thank you.

Carol

A couple of things that you should know. The perks are excellent however Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge as they do on the Royal ships. The morning and afternoon Elite events are held in different locations depending on the ships and the number of elites on board.

Once you make a booking you have to contact or have your TA contact Celebrity Captains Club with your C&A number and obtain a Captains Club number. Make sure the CC number is attached to your reservation. All this is not done automatically.

The morning spread in the specialty restaurant (Tuscan on S-class) is way better for Elites/Diamond on Celebrity than the comparable lounge on Oasis.

The evening lounge location is of shorter duration ( 2 rather than 3 hrs+/-) and fewer days (5 out of 7 Days) on Celebrity vs RCI. The drink menu is comparable on some ships...

I found this on their web site. We are doing our first Celebrity Cruise the end of the month and we're Diamond on RCCL.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

Make sure you call Celebrity BEFORE your cruise. Be prepared to give them your Celebrity booking # and your RC C&A #'s. That way they can assign you a Captain's Club number and make sure you are recognized as elite right away. That won't happen automatically just because you're diamond on RC. You need to call.

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this thread. I'm preparing to book my first Celebrity cruise (Century, Alaska 2014) and thought about booking a Concierge cabin but it looks like I would get all the same benefits booking a regular balcony cabin (save the fruit and canapes) because I'm Diamond with RC. Or am I missing something? Are there other benefits to booking a Concierge cabin? I can live without the fruit and canapes.

Also, while I'm here, I understand the passengers tend to dress a little better on Celebrity but after three cruises in Alaska I've noticed, at least on other lines, that people tend to dress a little more causal for Alaska cruises (not referring to formal nights). Does that hold true when sailing on Celebrity in Alaska?

Thanks for your help.

Celebrity cruises are getting more casual. In the past, formal night was tuxedos and gowns. There are still some that really get formal. Most people dress nicely, but not really formal. Alaskan cruises are very active. More people will wear jeans in the MDR. Jeans are now acceptable on Celebrity. If you have sailed on Royal, use it as a guide for a Celebrity cruise.

Celebrity cruises are getting more casual. In the past, formal night was tuxedos and gowns. There are still some that really get formal. Most people dress nicely, but not really formal. Alaskan cruises are very active. More people will wear jeans in the MDR. Jeans are now acceptable on Celebrity. If you have sailed on Royal, use it as a guide for a Celebrity cruise.

Redtravel, thanks so much for your response. I feel better now. I've been a bit hesitant to book Celebrity because I'm a pretty laid back, causal cruiser. Which is not to say that I go to formal night in jeans, I always wear a nice dress or dine elsewhere. But I'm a daytime jeans/shorts/t-shirts kind of gal and as you noted, Alaskan cruises are very active so jeans/sweaters/t-shirts have been what I've worn in the past.

I'm really excited to be trying a new cruise line and can't wait to return to Alaska.

Archived