USA Boarder Control

totally agree bpos,but we must all remember that although the usa will help defend her allies in times of need, the ultimate goal is to defend the usa at all costs both ex and internal.

the world is tinkering on the brink of another war,and the usa is only making sure that as few enemies are in their country as possible to reek havoc should their countries be struck by the usa and its allies.

the world is at a knifes edge at the moment,and all countries are tightening border controls and good on them.

this does not excuse rudness, but they expect their requests to be adhered to.

So close to the mark, you may well be right in your assumption about conflict

We found going via Dubai was worse than anything we've experienced in US.

Admittedly the queues in Dubai can be lengthy, but if you are in transit, this doesn't apply as you don't need to clear customs/immigration. In transit - unlike at LAX - you are not barked at and treated as an undesirable.

Nor are you subjected to the horrible attitude of US Immigration/Border Security. We have been flying NZ - Europe via Dubai/Singapore annually for over almost 20 years and have never encountered the kind of behaviour which seems routine at LAX

Public Humiliation! I could never understand fully why I automatically reacted the way I did, on each occasion.

Just saw a clipping on the news of Mem Fox from Q&A last night and she said it was the humiliation. That is it!

Agreed, although it would be worse if you were deported as well.

• 2 months later...

And another Australian citizen has been deported after arrival in the US, while complying with all requirements. Going to visit her boyfriend, stay for just under 3 months, and with a return ticket. Jailed and then forced to buy a new ticket and leave next day on suspicion. Again guilty with no ability to prove innocence. See the case of Molly Hill.

Welcome to the new US, non-welcoming regime.

And another Australian citizen has been deported after arrival in the US, while complying with all requirements. Going to visit her boyfriend, stay for just under 3 months, and with a return ticket. Jailed and then forced to buy a new ticket and leave next day on suspicion. Again guilty with no ability to prove innocence. See the case of Molly Hill.

Link?

Oh no not Hawaii Immigration!!

Sad story really, as it was her birthday. I will never understand why the authorities have to go so overboard with a young woman, with strip searching, prison, handcuffs in public etc.

Just search on the name given.

My initial sources had been consolidators which I prefer not to distribute as not primary source, and tv broadcasts, which would be geo-blocked.

I did and was horrified though not surprised by power hungry, out of control BP. What happened to this girl was awful.

Just search on the name given.

My initial sources had been consolidators which I prefer not to distribute as not primary source, and tv broadcasts, which would be geo-blocked.

One source I read was in her words written on Facebook, which made interesting reading.

It's not really new, they've always been a bit surly at the border and this is why my English husband has never been back "home" with me. I refuse to subject him to US border control, and I refuse to spend our money over there. I was right to move abroad when I did.

I've never ever had any problems with US or any other border " controls" and I would venture to say that 99% of people have not either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are an international visitor to the US be grateful you have never ever had any problems.

I just received an email from my daughter, who is flying to JFK via LAX next week, "No joking with US Immigration!".

That is sad, as it didn't used to be like that, quite the contrary when I originally visited the US the "friendly American" was my introduction to the States.

I've never ever had any problems with US or any other border " controls" and I would venture to say that 99% of people have not either.

Same for us, and I have travelled there many times. There are always two sides to every story.

Although, as someone posted, joking with them is not well received!