P&O website showing amount of remaining cabins

tinsoldier

Hi

I've been keeping an eye on prices of E809A for a while now and just checked again this afternoon. The website is now telling me that there are less than 100 balcony cabins available and less than 10 mini suites available. This info isn't showing for A731A (my next cruise) which I now take to mean that there are more than 100 balcony cabins remaining!

I've never seen this before but if this is something that P&O are starting to do as cruises sell out then I think it's an excellent idea as its helpful to know *roughly* in which direction the price might move before deciding to book (or not).

They may indeed be showing the correct number of remaining cabins but another explanation is they 'release' the cabin numbers in batches. This is to lure people into thinking there are few cabins left and jump!.

Where does it show the total number of cabins left, it looks exactly as it used to and shows a number of cabins available in a chosen grade?

However it no longer requires the passenger names until the final page, so at least that helps with enquiries.

I've done a few questionnaires for P&O and when I've been asked to comment on their website, I've mentioned that they could improve the booking process by showing all the available cabins like Princess do. Will check it out but sounds like an improvement to me

I think they release in batches to prevent people seeing how many are remaining and anticipating price drops - something which is less obvious now due to upgrades. Good luck though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which screen shows the vacant cabins? Is it just a number or are there actual cabin numbers?

Progress, I suppose

And me, I cannot see this information either - on which screen is it. I have never seen number of cabins available and my passenger info always comes after selecting number of adults not at end.

Nothing seems to have changed to me. perhaps I am using the wrong link to P&O ?

I use a Mac and Chrome.

Edited by bee-ess

And me, I cannot see this information either - on which screen is it. I have never seen number of cabins available and my passenger info always comes after selecting number of adults not at end.

Nothing seems to have changed to me. perhaps I am using the wrong link to P&O ?

I use a Mac and Chrome.

What I was indicating was that on the old system you needed to enter "fake" passenger names before you could select your cabin, whereas now you can quickly check a cabin grade price, because the passenger data is input last. But I still cannot see any info giving the numbers of free cabins in each grade.

What I was indicating was that on the old system you needed to enter "fake" passenger names before you could select your cabin, whereas now you can quickly check a cabin grade price, because the passenger data is input last. But I still cannot see any info giving the numbers of free cabins in each grade.

Thanks John but I can't even see a grade price without putting in fake names into the passenger details - mine goes number of adults, then passenger details and then number of children. I'm thinking that it is maybe tablet or phone apps others are using, I only use the Mac.

A while ago we were thinking of booking a particular cruise and wanted a mini suite. When I looked on the website it showed only three left - made a dummy booking in order to see cabins available - then I phoned my Cruise TA and when she looked on her system there were many more available. I never believe what I see on the website, always go through my TA who can see exactly which cabins are free.

A while ago we were thinking of booking a particular cruise and wanted a mini suite. When I looked on the website it showed only three left - made a dummy booking in order to see cabins available - then I phoned my Cruise TA and when she looked on her system there were many more available. I never believe what I see on the website, always go through my TA who can see exactly which cabins are free.

How do you see the amount of available cabins, I have never seen this information ?

How do you see the amount of available cabins, I have never seen this information ?

When you show the details for a particular cruise and scroll down to the prices you will see the number of available cabins on some cruises and some cabin types. Example : http://www.pocruises.com/j713/?search=true

I think that it is only when they get below 100 that they are shown and it gets updated as they get lower - I have seen 10, 50 and 100.

When you show the details for a particular cruise and scroll down to the prices you will see the number of available cabins on some cruises and some cabin types. Example : http://www.pocruises.com/j713/?search=true

I think that it is only when they get below 100 that they are shown and it gets updated as they get lower - I have seen 10, 50 and 100.

Thanks Josy but I don't see it - I just see the cabin Grades and prices. What browser do you use, I am using Chrome

Thanks!

I've done a couple of dummy bookings on the cruises I've booked and I had to put our names in before I could get a price and there was no cabin availability showing

I misunderstood, I get it now......Thanks

Edited by bee-ess

Thanks Josy but I don't see it - I just see the cabin Grades and prices. What browser do you use, I am using Chrome

I am on my Kindle but I have also seen them when using our laptop which uses Microsoft Edge browser.

You do not need to go to putting in any info. On the search cruises page go to the cruise that you want to look at and you will see a blue button that says VIEW DETAILS click on this and it drops down to the overview, if you scroll down you will see the cabin types and prices, it is here that you see the number of available cabins but only on cruises that are getting low availability. I was looking at J713

Edited by Josy1953
More info

The attached PDF file shows an example of one that I found for Oceana. I hadn't seen this before. It is just part of the page, not the whole detail. Running Windows 10 on my laptop and the number of cabins for me is available in MS Edge, Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome.

p2.pdf

The attached PDF file shows an example of one that I found for Oceana. I hadn't seen this before. It is just part of the page, not the whole detail. Running Windows 10 on my laptop and the number of cabins for me is available in MS Edge, Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome.

Chrome was not showing 'cabins available' for me on Macbook but I've found out why - that data was blocked by Adguard - turned off Adguard for that site and all is OK now.