Coach transfer

spf

Hi - travelling with Intercruises/Cruise Connect from Chester to Southampton on 4th Aug. We received our confirmation pick up times yesterday and I was a little surprised at the pick up time- 09:00 to arrive at Ventura at 15:30. To anyone who has travelled from Chester/ the North West - is this usual? I was expecting a 7am pick up / 1pm (ish) ship arrival.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not travelled from Chester but Intercruises do this route frequently and plan their coach arrivals with P&O and take into account how many pick up stops they will have, I suspect that you will possibly havee no pick ups. When we go by coach we travel from Keele on the M6 and have had pickup times varying from 8:30 to 9:45 and have only once been late arriving at Southampton and that was due to an accident that closed the A34 at Oxford. The ship will wait for the coach so don't worry about it.

Hi - travelling with Intercruises/Cruise Connect from Chester to Southampton on 4th Aug. We received our confirmation pick up times yesterday and I was a little surprised at the pick up time- 09:00 to arrive at Ventura at 15:30. To anyone who has travelled from Chester/ the North West - is this usual? I was expecting a 7am pick up / 1pm (ish) ship arrival.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes that's fine. We were picked up at Chester South Holiday Inn at 9am three weeks ago. The coach came from Bangor and Llandudno. Stopped at Knutsford for 20 mins to pick up and Warwick for 50 mins. Arrived at Southampton at 2:30. No hold ups but the ship will wait for coaches.

Edited by Mrs Tinkywinky

Just back from Britannia last Sunday.Picked up at Keele at11am ! I was surprised it was so late as normally it is 9am.

Told it was to coincide with our boarding time of 3pm.

Coach was Ellisons to Southampton brand new coach and very luxurious.

Return was on Westbus an old coach but comfortable enough.

Both journeys were uneventful.

Just back from Britannia last Sunday.Picked up at Keele at11am ! I was surprised it was so late as normally it is 9am.

Told it was to coincide with our boarding time of 3pm.

Coach was Ellisons to Southampton brand new coach and very luxurious.

Return was on Westbus an old coach but comfortable enough.

Both journeys were uneventful.

How soon before the cruise were you told that the pick up time was going to be 11am and is 3pm the new time for coach arrivals?

How soon before the cruise were you told that the pick up time was going to be 11am and is 3pm the new time for coach arrivals?

No don't think the new time is 3pm because our time arrival was set at 2:30 and we arrived exactly on time. Surely they can't have a set time arrival for coaches , they can be delayed like everyone else. We left Southampton over an hour late because a coach didn't arrive until after 4pm

No don't think the new time is 3pm because our time arrival was set at 2:30 and we arrived exactly on time. Surely they can't have a set time arrival for coaches , they can be delayed like everyone else. We left Southampton over an hour late because a coach didn't arrive until after 4pm

Sorry. That should have read that we set sail late because a coach didn'the arrive until after 4pm. We were at muster at 4:30 and waited 40 mins for the late coach.

Thanks.Its just I m sure last year when we caught the coach we had to wait longer at a service station because the driver said they weren t supposed to arrive until 2pm?Wondered whether it had been changed to 3pm.I Anyway we shall find out when we get the coach in a few weeks time! :)

Thanks.Its just I m sure last year when we caught the coach we had to wait longer at a service station because the driver said they weren t supposed to arrive until 2pm?Wondered whether it had been changed to 3pm.I Anyway we shall find out when we get the coach in a few weeks time! :)

Meant to say that i think coach drivers are told not to arrive before a certain time(e.g 2pm) rather than at an exact time

We came down from Edinburgh and we got there for 1:30. However because of problems with the air-bridge we didn't get on till 2:30. By then they'd closed the dining room for Caribbean plus so we weren't happy bunnies after that long journey (11 hours)

We came down from Edinburgh and we got there for 1:30. However because of problems with the air-bridge we didn't get on till 2:30. By then they'd closed the dining room for Caribbean plus so we weren't happy bunnies after that long journey (11 hours)

Perhaps they are trying to stagger the time for coach arrivals with the people travelling the furthest distance being given an earlier arrival time in case of delays.Also i can understand that some people who are making their way independantly and have been given boarding times are waiting in the hall and they see coaches arrive(previously often all at the same time!!) and people get off the coach and straight in the queue.We tend to do a mixture of coach or train depending on whether we have booked a select or early saver fare

We were informed a few days after we booked the coach.Not sure if this is the new time for coach arrivals or not.

We were informed a few days after we booked the coach.Not sure if this is the new time for coach arrivals or not.

Thanks.Not sure if we were told the time for pick up when we booked the coach.We catch it from Sheffield(Woodhall Services)and it usually picks up about 8 30 but we will find out in a few weeks.I think you get the ticket/documentation about 3 weeks before so presumably we will find out then?

Hi, first time with P&O. I am getting the coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton on 27th Oct. Does anyone who has done this before know what time the pick up usually is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark

Have you ever used the coach from North Wales to Southampton?

We have always driven down but, are thinking of using Eavesway on our August cruise.

Leesam

Hi Mark

Have you ever used the coach from North Wales to Southampton?

We have always driven down but, are thinking of using Eavesway on our August cruise.

Leesam

Hi Leesam, no I am a first time P&O cruiser. I am going on the transatlantic cruise and from the comments on here the coach transfer for this is different to the usual ones P&O do.

When I spoke to my travel agent I asked about going from Llandudno and they said I had to go to Manchester Airport to get the coach to Southampton for my cruise.

I have read on here though that you can get a coach transfer from Llandudno on normal cruises with P&O.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise, :D

Mark

Hi Leesam, no I am a first time P&O cruiser. I am going on the transatlantic cruise and from the comments on here the coach transfer for this is different to the usual ones P&O do.

When I spoke to my travel agent I asked about going from Llandudno and they said I had to go to Manchester Airport to get the coach to Southampton for my cruise.

I have read on here though that you can get a coach transfer from Llandudno on normal cruises with P&O.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise, :D

Mark

The Eavesway website shows they are operating a coach from North Wales for Brittania 27 Oct. Departs Llandudno Junction at 0545. This is chargeable whereas the one from the airport is free. The idea of the airport coach is that you can park your car at the airport so it is there when you fly back in.

Brian

Mark

Maybe you need a new travel agent.

Brian

If you look through the thread , we used the Intercruise bus from Chester and the stops before were Bangor and Llandudno. So there are buses from Llandudno. Our travel agent booked it for us. It was free , part of the deal they were doing , but would have been about £85 so may be about £100 for you Leesam

I've booked to go on the Transatlantic cruise next year A805. I'm told by my TA that there is a coach transfer included from Southampton back to Manchester and that this will be sorted out once on board Azura. Can anyone who has done this in the past confirm this or should I contact P&O directly to confirm this?

I've booked to go on the Transatlantic cruise next year A805. I'm told by my TA that there is a coach transfer included from Southampton back to Manchester and that this will be sorted out once on board Azura. Can anyone who has done this in the past confirm this or should I contact P&O directly to confirm this?

If you phone P and O about this they will direct you back to your TA as you booked through her.A coach transfer is included but you have to let P and O know you want this option so I suggest you contact your TA to make sure she has informed P and O .You will be advised of further details once onboard Azura but it is important to check that your TA has specifically requested this transfer for you.

My understanding is that you need to confirm before you sail that you need the transfer. We certain!y did for the TA we did earlier this year. I'm surprised your TA didn't realise this. Sometimes P&O won't deal with you if you're booked through a TA but you can at least call customer services to check if you do need to book this in advance.

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to my TA again today and this time they have confirmed that they need to book it with P&O. They have said its to early and to contact them again around October. I'm a bit worried that I received a different reply to what I was told at the time of booking. Hopefully it will be fine.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L01 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to my TA again today and this time they have confirmed that they need to book it with P&O. They have said its to early and to contact them again around October. I'm a bit worried that I received a different reply to what I was told at the time of booking. Hopefully it will be fine.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L01 using Forums mobile app

I suggest phoning your TA again as in the current brochure pg 144 it states that a complimentary coach service is available.It states please inform your TA at time of booking if you wish to use this service as PLACES ARE LIMITED and must be booked in advance

One reason I ve checked is because I have booked a translantic cruise for March 2018 today and I wanted to make sure about the coach.

I would be interested to know where the coach drops you back at Manchester airport (from sOuthampton) as we will be returning home by train from there.