Embarkation in Malta

I have just got off the phone to P&O and not entirely convinced that the girl I spoke to knew what she was talking about so any advice appreciated.

We have booked our own flights to Malta as 1. we wanted to fly out 3 days early and 2. wanted to fly from our regional airport.

I asked on the phone as to what our embarkation procedure would be and if we would get an embarkation document to print before we go as we do for trips from Southampton. She seemed a bit vague but said we would be able to board from 12noon. That would be perfect for us as can check out of our hotel and go straight to the ship for lunch.

Does anyone have experience of arranging their own flights and how this affects embarkation? Do you think her information is correct?

Thanks for any advice

Why not phone again and see what they come up with. If it is the same then it would be more reassuring I suppose.

Would expect that you would get an embarkation document on your cruise personaliser as there is little difference between this and Southampton ???

Does anyone have experience of arranging their own flights and how this affects embarkation?

I have done fly cruises where the flights have not been with P&O for the same reasons as you have.

It is as you have been told, tickets appear in the cruise personaliser and you just turn up at the ship when you fancy.

There are usually quite a few people doing this so there are normally staff around to direct you.

Thank you both for your replies and advice. I was going to phone P&O again as also had another query but as that one has resolved itself I'll leave this one for awhile. I was just going to wait for what the tickets said but I knew someone on Cruise Critic would be able to put me right as would have done the same thing. If we can check in from 12noon then that is just great, saves hassle of how to fill a morning and we can start to relax on the ship.

I have just got off the phone to P&O and not entirely convinced that the girl I spoke to knew what she was talking about so any advice appreciated.

We have booked our own flights to Malta as 1. we wanted to fly out 3 days early and 2. wanted to fly from our regional airport.

I asked on the phone as to what our embarkation procedure would be and if we would get an embarkation document to print before we go as we do for trips from Southampton. She seemed a bit vague but said we would be able to board from 12noon. That would be perfect for us as can check out of our hotel and go straight to the ship for lunch.

Does anyone have experience of arranging their own flights and how this affects embarkation? Do you think her information is correct?

Thanks for any advice

Don't know the answer to your actual question, but I have a question to ask you, and that's about the price of the cruise after you booked your own flights. Did you get a reduction of the overall cruise price (which includes flights, of course) because you'd booked your own flights?

Don't know the answer to your actual question, but I have a question to ask you, and that's about the price of the cruise after you booked your own flights. Did you get a reduction of the overall cruise price (which includes flights, of course) because you'd booked your own flights?

We asked this question a month or so back and were told that someone was only given about £70 per person off the price of the cruise if they did their own flights. I think I am right in saying that they now do a 'without flights' option when you book direct via P&O's web site. :)

I booked direct on P&O website and when got to the flight option page there was also a tickbox for no flights. I believe you only have this option on select fares. This gave us a reduction of £100 per fare. We are doing repositioning cruise so flights one way only. I assume it's more for a return.