Jungle River Tubing vs. Cave Tubing in Belize

zumbarho

We are going on the Explorer January 2nd and would like to do one of the tubing

trips. Has anyone been on the Jungle River tubing and Mayan ruins trip through RCCL or does everyone do the cave tubing one? How do I know which one is better? I would prefer to go with an outside company like Regtour or X-streme but I don't think they even offer the jungle tubing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rhona

We did X-tream cave tubing in Belize. Booked through their web site. A hike through the jungle, enter a dry cave with bats, tubed 2 very large caves, There is not a lot of current in the caves themselves, so be prepared to do alot of paddling. At the exit there are for lack of a better term baby rapids (very shallow) that zip you along to the entrance of the next cave (fun). Upon your return they will feed you lots of cut up fruit and water. O'yes and you will be hungry. They will offer a lunch when you first arrive I think it was $5.00 You can pay then and it will be ready on your return.

Most of us had wished we had done that. They have changing rooms and bathrooms, a stand with souveniors and snacks. I read alot about footwear before I went on that cruise. I would suggest just water shoes. I made out fine with them whether your hicking up or down the trail it is no problem as there are wooden steps along the way.

We took bug spray but did not need to use it. Guess that depends on the time of year.

This was one of my favorite excursions. Had a wonderful time.

I have not been on the river tubing. But there is always next time.

Hope this helps.

Archived