Best things to do in...

Cruisechic2005

What are some of the best excursions to do in these ports??

Labadee, Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymon

I'm looking into Para Sailing in Cozumel, but other then that i'm not sure what to do, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This is for my family and I (mom dad and twin sis) we set sail 3-5-05 on the Navigator of the Seas.

Thanks!

Merry Christmas Cruisechic,

We were just on the Navigator of the Seas and had the same ports. Mostly we spent beach time at Labadee and Ocho Rios. Grand Caymon was the high light for us. We went on a half day snorkal/stingaray city with Capt. Marvin's.

You will have one fantastic experience. We just watched over cruise DVD this evening. Sure wish that we were with you.

Take care, Ron

Justine: check the port of call boards under your ports for great ideas on what to do in your ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Labadee is a beach day- cant plan no excursions since it is Royals own private island. (all your food is included on that island also.)

Ocho Rios - Dunns River fall is big. Margaritteville is a walking distance from the ship. Although I wouldnt want to wander around Jamaica alone. Take a tour.

Labadee is Royal's private island, but there are still many options beyond just laying on the beach all day. We rented jet skis and had a blast. Felt this was the safest place in the islands to rent motorized equipment. Didn't trust the locals as we questioned the maintenance/upkeep done on their equipment. There are other activities Royal will have available as well.

Cozumel is probably the best port for shopping of the 4 mentioned (if you are interested in that.) You mentioned parasailing in this port. For the above mentioned reason I would re-consider that decision. Parasailing is something not to be missed, but would recommend doing so in the states and researching who you use. Our favorite excursion in Cozumel has been a private mountain biking tour of the island and through the jungle. We book through Cozumel Sports and ask for Eduardo.

In the Caymans Sting Ray City is a great excursion. For youngsters (ok, I loved it as well!) the turtle farm is fun.

Dunn River Falls is a must do in Ocho Rios. We tend to stay away from the most popular tourist activities, but thoroughly enjoyed this one. We also floated down Martha Brae's river which I strongly suggest. Was a bit of a car ride there, but worth it. Was an excursion that I've never seen offered in the other ports which is part of the reason we enjoyed it. Something new and different.

Have fun!

Archived