Adonia - Glass House Question

Cruise Puss

Hi everyone,

For anyone that's been on Adonia since she's been back with P&O - Can you tell me if they are providing wine flights in The Glass House - I had heard they weren't, which seems a bit odd!

Many thanks.

CP

I actually hadn't realised Adonia had a Glass House added but clearly it has. The pictures are here https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/fathom-adonia-1168/glass-house-350361/glass-house--v15896337/ One reason they may potentially not offer a full selection of wine flights is that they only appear to have a single enomatic wine dispenser, which seems to contain only 8 different bottles. I agree it would certainly be a shame if they didn't offer at least some of the flights, as the real beauty of these machines is that you can serve by the glass with virtually no wastage.

The food menu is also quite a bit shorter than the Glass House on Azura - e.g. no steaks.

It also didn't change at all last week when we were on

No steaks???? Oh no... :( :( That's serious.

The food menu is also quite a bit shorter than the Glass House on Azura - e.g. no steaks.

It also didn't change at all last week when we were on

There may not be any steaks, but as per my original question, are there any wine flights!? 😕

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

The size of the bar on the images convinces me that Adonias Glasshouse is another example of P&O trying to turn it into a restaurant when the original concept is a relaxed, informal BAR that serves food

Azura and Ventura are good, Aurora mediocre and Britannia poor.

Watch out for the introduction of a cover charge just to sit down.

The size of the bar on the images convinces me that Adonias Glasshouse is another example of P&O trying to turn it into a restaurant when the original concept is a relaxed, informal BAR that serves food

Azura and Ventura are good, Aurora mediocre and Britannia poor.

Watch out for the introduction of a cover charge just to sit down.

I wouldn't mind that Dave - unless you are buying a drink!

Several times on Azura we struggled to find a table and some folks were just sitting playing cards with no food or drink. Very annoying!

Several times on Azura we struggled to find a table and some folks were just sitting playing cards with no food or drink. Very annoying!

I quite agree. This seems to happen on every ship and is unfair to those who wish to eat and drink.

Does anybody know whether the glasshouse on Adonia do the tasting menu and wine tasting session?

A very good question!

If anyone can answer this, or my original question, it would be very helpful as I am on her again on the 4th August, which is approaching fast! 😀

A very good question!

If anyone can answer this, or my original question, it would be very helpful as I am on her again on the 4th August, which is approaching fast! 😀

Who knows we may end up dining and tasting wine together in August!

I quite agree. This seems to happen on every ship and is unfair to those who wish to eat and drink.

I think people need to understand that, much like in a hotel lounge, ordering food or drinks is not a prerequisite for being able to use a seat in the inside or outdoor areas on board. Passengers are fully entitled to use chairs to lounge and relax without feeling they have to pay extra for the privilege.

I think people need to understand that, much like in a hotel lounge, ordering food or drinks is not a prerequisite for being able to use a seat in the inside or outdoor areas on board. Passengers are fully entitled to use chairs to lounge and relax without feeling they have to pay extra for the privilege.

The company bean counters hate this. If you are not spending money that space you are occupying is not earning the company profits. Take Venturas single cabins for example. I remember the Exchange bar when the single cabin area was lounge bar seating. The problem for the bean counters was even in the evenings a lot of those seats where not generating revenue so they installed single cabins which directly increased revenue and onboard spend. Those single cabins are by far the worst I have occupied on a P&O ship.

The 'new' glasshouse concept is heading toward a restaurant because in a restaurant you are expected to spend money. The smaller bars are designed to drive you to the tables where you might order some food rather than sitting at the bar imbibing wine or even beer. When the Glasshouse was Ramblas on Ventura you could even eat your tapas at the bar.

• 3 weeks later...
What is a "wine flight"

Usually 3 to 5 (3 on P&O) small glasses of wine that showcase or contrast either a country, style or grape variety of wine. Good way to compare and contrast or try foods against different pairings.

They also do rum and gin flights etc.

Hi everyone,

For anyone that's been on Adonia since she's been back with P&O - Can you tell me if they are providing wine flights in The Glass House - I had heard they weren't, which seems a bit odd!

Many thanks.

CP

We have recently been on Adonia and did not see wine flights on the menu. I thought the Adonia Glass House was delightful. Right at the top of the ship at the rear with gorgeous views from all seats. They were keeping the area where people were only having a drink separate from the eating area. We ate there several times during the week and both the food and service were excellent.

Just so that we are clear on questions regarding The Glass House on Adonia, I am currently on board and can confirm that it does NOT serve wine flights; it has ONE menu only NOT two, and it does not have a complete list of all the wines like the other Glass Houses.

However, the views are fantastic!