What drinks can we take on board for cabin use

Tikka234

Hi were sailing on 30th July on Arcadia our first cruise

I was going to take a bottle maybe 2 of wine

Hubby likes his cans of larger how many of these can he take on board, ?

Also bottles of water, are they expensive to buy on board? Or could I take a few with me.?

Thanks

We took cans of pepsi and irn bru onboard for our cabin use and nothing was said.

Was great in the evening being able to just open one or first thing in the morning before breakfast.

I dunno about alcohol though I've never tried it so will be interesting to see what replies we get on here for future reference 🌝

Kris 🚢😎🌴

We took a bottle of a very dry Fino and a bottle of port for pre/post dinner. We have also picked up multi packs of water (2 litre bottles) at various ports.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Forums mobile app

Rather more refined than us - couple of wine boxes, litre of gin plus mixers, and assorted bottles of Prosecco and Champagne.

We quite often buy cans or bottles of beer when ashore during the cruise and have never had any trouble taking them on board so I don't see why it should be an issue when you first embark.

Have a great time!

P&O are really good and never questioned us in the past for bringing alcohol or water on board.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Hi were sailing on 30th July on Arcadia our first cruise

I was going to take a bottle maybe 2 of wine

Hubby likes his cans of larger how many of these can he take on board, ?

Also bottles of water, are they expensive to buy on board? Or could I take a few with me.?

Thanks

Basically, what you want within reason - the joy of P&O !

We take a box of wine and there is no issue as long as you are honest and just drink it in the cabin. I am sure that 2 would be ok as well!

Cans - no issue again.

People also take bottles of spirits on for their cabin.

Water, we tend to buy the P&O water - I think it is about £ 9/ 10 for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles of water and the cabin steward delivers it to your cabin for you. Otherwise, no limit from the port at all.

Thanks

Around £2 for a 1½litre bottle. Bottled still water can be provided by your cabin steward with 6 bottles costing £10. Sparkling water though can only be purchased from the bar - also in 1½ litre bottles. My stewardess tried to get sparkling for me but that wasn't available at the discount rate.

By the way, tap water on board is safe to drink. Some people will ask their steward to bring them ice every day and use the melted water for drinking. Some fruit juices are also available until about 11:00 in the self-service area - handy if you want some as a mixer for drinks in your cabin :evilsmile:

PS Unlike Celebrity you can also take additional bottles on the ship at any port - a bonus when you are on a wine tour !!!

I got caught out on that one. Yes, come on our expensive tour, buy some premium wines, return to the ship and it gets confiscated. Luckily, I was on a back to back cruise so ad it for the second leg.

Holland America charge $18 a bottle (last time I cruised with them) for everyone you bring on board after your first bottle - doesn't make any difference where you drink it, so it ended up in the dining room.

I got caught out on that one. Yes, come on our expensive tour, buy some premium wines, return to the ship and it gets confiscated. Luckily, I was on a back to back cruise so ad it for the second leg.

Holland America charge $18 a bottle (last time I cruised with them) for everyone you bring on board after your first bottle - doesn't make any difference where you drink it, so it ended up in the dining room.

We sat with the excursion director on a Celebrity wine tour once and she was fed up because she was trying to persuade the ship to let people who had been on one of their wine excursions to take wine back. She was frustrated that they would not allow it -- that was about 4 years ago.