Guest speakers and how to find out who?

etruriaguy

Hi there.

I'm off on a lovely trip on the Arcadia on July 30th to Norway and was wondering if p&o have guest speakers that they announce before the trip? I've looked with no luck so far, and wondered if I'm either not looking in the right places or it's something they don't do. Any help is much appreciated.

Fraser. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji568]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried to find out before our Arcadia cruise in June and couldn't find any mention of speakers. I hoped for a Scandinavian/Baltic slant and there was a round the world yatchsman and a mysterious ex counter espionage speaker who , of course ,wouldn't say exactly what he used to do. He was very entertaining.

I tried to find out before our Arcadia cruise in June and couldn't find any mention of speakers. I hoped for a Scandinavian/Baltic slant and there was a round the world yatchsman and a mysterious ex counter espionage speaker who , of course ,wouldn't say exactly what he used to do. He was very entertaining.

I was on the QE last year and that sounds like the same speakers we had. There was an espionage guy and Robin Knox Johnson the yachtsman, both very interesting,, If it is the same ones I want their life going on lots of cruises. Haha. Oh well, will just need to wait and see,, thanks for your reply,, [emoji3]

We're on the same cruise as you its our first cruise. Can't answer your question, I'm booking excursions at the moment

Aw great. I hope you really enjoy it. I've been hooked on cruises since my early 20's but first time on Arcadia. It's so relaxing and a great holiday. Norways stunning too. My third time up there on a cruise. We're only doing one excursion so far, the railway one at Flåm. Can't wait.. and started looking out my clothes tonight. I'm keen. Haha

It would be nice if they could give you a preview before you board - perhaps in the tours book that they send out. Of course there's the obvious issue of planning ahead, and naturally things can change.

I've seen some great speakers, some that did not interest me at all and some that you'd think would be no good but turned out to be fascinating.

It would be nice if they could give you a preview before you board - perhaps in the tours book that they send out. Of course there's the obvious issue of planning ahead, and naturally things can change.

I've seen some great speakers, some that did not interest me at all and some that you'd think would be no good but turned out to be fascinating.

Yes some of the topics sound a bit strange but turn out to be fascinating, we had one speaker that talked about drugs which you would think would be depressing but was fascinating. We have had everything from the Romanoffs and fsbergey eggs, through Vikings to cleaning tips!