Air Tahiti Nui Flight Returns to Paris after Bird Strike

Mercruiser

Incident: Tahiti Nui A343 at Paris on Oct 21st 2015, bird strike

An Air Tahiti Nui Airbus A340-300, registration F-OSUN performing flight TN-7 from Paris Charles de Gaulle (France) to Los Angeles,CA (USA), was in the initial climb out of runway 27L when a bird impacted the aircraft prompting the crew to level off at FL070, dump fuel and return to Charles de Gaulle Airport for a safe landing on runway 27L about 100 minutes after departure.

The flight was cancelled.

The airline confirmed the aircraft returned to Paris due to a bird strike on takeoff. A replacement flight is estimated to operate with a delay of 24 hours.

Source: http://avherald.com/h?article=48e2401b

Here is a picture of the flight track showing F-OSUN dumping fuel before landing. F-OSUN is one of the three aircraft with the refurbished interior. (The other two have the old interior.) As of Thursday, the aircraft is still on the ground in Paris. Hopefully, they will repair the damage soon and get this aircraft back in service.

i-qR2H7Zm.png

Edited by Mercruiser

F-OSUN is back in the air after spending a week in Paris (CDG) following the bird strike incident. She is presently flying from CDG to LAX as a special flight TN 941. The normal CDG to LAX flight number is TN 7. This flight does not show up on the Air Tahiti Nui flight status web page, which makes me think they are re-positioning the aircraft to LAX without passengers. It will be good to get this "new cabin" aircraft back in service. My interest is purely self serving. I have an LAX-PPT flight in about a week and am hoping for the "new cabin". F-OSUN is one of the three aircraft with the refurbished interior. There are two other aircraft with the old interior.

i-Fbt2wXv.png

Edited by Mercruiser