Adding Guest to Existing Cruise

It depends on the category cabin you've booked (does it have 3 beds???? That's a must), and if the lifeboat stations for your cabin is full or not. It's always easier to book the max number into a cabin, and cancel one, rather than trying to add another.

It depends on the category cabin you've booked (does it have 3 beds???? That's a must), and if the lifeboat stations for your cabin is full or not. It's always easier to book the max number into a cabin, and cancel one, rather than trying to add another.

We got a family room just in case anyone else wanted to come. I'm just now sure how to go about it. If my boyfriend gets another room would it cost more?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got a family room just in case anyone else wanted to come. I'm just now sure how to go about it. If my boyfriend gets another room would it cost more?

That all depends. .... will he be in the room by himself? He'll have to factor in the single supplement usually just about double of what normal cost for two in a cabin.

He can sail in your cabin if the life boat stations still have room (you won't know how to tell only the cruise line knows the total) he will be paying whatever the rate is at the time you book him. SO if you paid $600 per person when you booked, but now the ship's capacity is being reached the price might have increased to $800 per person he'lll have to pay that amount.

He also won't get the beverage package, so that would be another expense to factor in.

That all depends. .... will he be in the room by himself? He'll have to factor in the single supplement usually just about double of what normal cost for two in a cabin.

He can sail in your cabin if the life boat stations still have room (you won't know how to tell only the cruise line knows the total) he will be paying whatever the rate is at the time you book him. SO if you paid $600 per person when you booked, but now the ship's capacity is being reached the price might have increased to $800 per person he'lll have to pay that amount.

He also won't get the beverage package, so that would be another expense to factor in.

Thank you!! Is the only way to find out to call?

If he gets another cabin, will it cost more? YES - you have to pay for another cabin.

If you add him to our exisiting cabin, the cost will be much less.

You can easily TEST this by going online to book a cabin to see the prices.

If he gets another cabin, will it cost more? YES - you have to pay for another cabin.

If you add him to our exisiting cabin, the cost will be much less.

You can easily TEST this by going online to book a cabin to see the prices.

But if he joins my cabin he would have to pay for the UBP because my mom and I already have it correct? Cause that's 1,000$ on its own (11 night cruise)

But if he joins my cabin he would have to pay for the UBP because my mom and I already have it correct? Cause that's 1,000$ on its own (11 night cruise)

It depends on if the UBP is offered as a perk on he sailing and cabin category.

Yes. If you go to the NCL website and don't log in, you can price out your cruise again. You can price out a 3 person room and a 2 person room. If rates have changed since you booked, I'm not sure how they will charge adding him on. But it will give you an approximate cost so you can decide whether adding him in as a third person plus UBP is better or worse than a second cabin. If you can get a 4th to go, then a second cabin is definately the way to go.

Yes, he would have to purchase the UBP because the perks apply to the first 2 people in the cabin.

My mom and I booked a cruise for Norwegian Gem embarking March 27, 2018. My boyfriend is now thinking about joining us. How would I go about doing something like that? We would want him in the same room if it could save money. TIA!!

Very easy to do. Contact whoever you booked through and tell them what you want to do. They can guide you. You might have to switch cabins, but this far out you will likely not have any issues. The third passenger pays the 3rd person rate.