This sounds dumb but have a specialty dining question

Petoonya

Those doing a full world cruise get their allotment for each segment. For the 2016 cruise it worked out to be 15 in each dinning room - 1 for every 6 days

Your reservation booking date is based on the start of the cruise, not the start of each segment.

This means someone doing the full voyage in a lower category gets their selection before someone in a high category just doing a later segment.

Wayne

Be aware that the location of tables for two in the specialty dining rooms may be less than optimal. I don't know whether it's a factor of the time frame that we reserve (usually 7 or 7:30), the time we arrive (we try to be a few minutes early), or just our dumb luck but most of the time we end up with a table directly beside a wait station (ducking to avoid trays or pulling our chairs uncomfortably close to the table to stay out of the traffic pattern) or a table where one of us has to stare at a wall or post.

Well, that does NOT sound like fun. We usually look to share -- with strangers or people we've met on our roll call -- but whenever we've had a two-top we haven't had the problem you describe. For the record, we usually look for 7-7:30 as well.

Maybe they are subtlely suggesting that you share????????? :)

I'm joking, of course! It's obvious from reading CC that many couples want to dine alone, and they should be able to do so in a comfortable location!

Mura

I've often quoted this story but we were a group of six who wanted a Jacques reservation on the day we boarded. But I didn't have the booking numbers for the other two couples when we spoke to our butler, so we couldn't get the reservation.

That's fine, we'll just go to the GDR.

When we showed up, the Maitre d' asked if we wanted to go to Jacques? So we did.

I doubt that would have happened on any other night on the cruise ...

But it was great that night.

I always try to ask for an additional res. from the person at podium during the day. They always told me they were fully booked for that night. Decided to go to the restaurant I wanted when it opened, and they always booked me in.

Has this been everyone's experience? The need to go to the actual restaurant that night? Just keeping track of how it works now.

Has this been everyone's experience? The need to go to the actual restaurant that night? Just keeping track of how it works now.

Maybe for those in the top suites

otherwise I did not think that was allowed

We always ask at the reservation desk the morning of

One extra point here:

If you are on an "extended journey" (I.e., 2 or more cruise segments marketed as a single cruise)., your cabin category gets twice (or thrice) the single segment reservation allowance.

Your "opening" reservation date is based on the first segment window and you must book each segment's allowable number of reservations for that segment.

Note that, in the past, there have been some website glitches that may require a telephone call to O to complete the total reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HI, we are on a 24 day voyage, in a year, which happens to be also divided up into two 12 day voyages.

I was guessing we would get 1 per restaurant on Marina (over 18 days).

In the past, we had no luck getting an extra night's dining above our allotment.

What's the method to get the second tranche of reservations?

HI, we are on a 24 day voyage, in a year, which happens to be also divided up into two 12 day voyages.

I was guessing we would get 1 per restaurant on Marina (over 18 days).

In the past, we had no luck getting an extra night's dining above our allotment.

What's the method to get the second tranche of reservations?

1st look at your MY ACCOUNT online & see if you have a second date for booking for the 2nd leg of the cruise

Is it a B2B (2 booking numbers) or a Grand Voyage ?

Once onboard you can always go to the dinner reservations desk on deck 5 and ask if any openings that night ..check in the morning as you have a better chance of getting on the list

1st look at your MY ACCOUNT online & see if you have a second date for booking for the 2nd leg of the cruise

Is it a B2B (2 booking numbers) or a Grand Voyage ?

Once onboard you can always go to the dinner reservations desk on deck 5 and ask if any openings that night ..check in the morning as you have a better chance of getting on the list

If it's an "extended voyage" or "grand voyage," both of which are B2B segments with only a single booking number, the dining reservation page will allow booking each segment's allowed number of reservations as long as you book each allowed number within a corresponding segment (e.g., for a 24 day "extended voyage in a B cabin on Riviera, you would get 4 reservations in each of the two segments comprising that "extended voyage").

If it's an "extended voyage" or "grand voyage," both of which are B2B segments with only a single booking number, the dining reservation page will allow booking each segment's allowed number of reservations as long as you book each allowed number within a corresponding segment (e.g., for a 24 day "extended voyage in a B cabin on Riviera, you would get 4 reservations in each of the two segments comprising that "extended voyage").

It is an extended journey, one booking number. And I just checked, and it only says 'Dining reservations 17th July 2018'. So I guess I will just wait and see.

And LHT28, I didn't have any luck with presenting to Level 5 last time, but it seems pretty straightforward, so will give that a go. Thanks.

And LHT28, I didn't have any luck with presenting to Level 5 last time, but it seems pretty straightforward, so will give that a go. Thanks.

sometimes you get lucky sometimes not :halo:

Flexibility in times & sharing can help

It is an extended journey, one booking number. And I just checked, and it only says 'Dining reservations 17th July 2018'. So I guess I will just wait and see.

That date is probably the correct date for your cabin level for the first segment. When you log on (12:01 AM Eastern or 9:01 PM Pacific -the night before) you will have access to both segments while folks only doing the second segment will have to wait until their correct cabin date (of course, folks in the highest cabins will have already had their booking dates come and go before 7/17/18.