Is there a Nellies Beach Cabana Map?

rclibertygirl5

Anyone ??? I'm looking for the same thing. Because Nellie's Beach cabanas are first come first served, I was hoping to see where the "over the water" cabanas are located so I won't have to spend a lot of time trying to decide which one to choose once I get there.

Don't depend on getting a cabana on Nellie Beach when you get there. They are on the excursion board and usually go quite quickly with reservations before the cruise. They are only "First come first Served" if there are any left when the ship docks. We have an "over the water" cabana reserved for our August 30th sailing. I booked it in June and I checked the other day and the Nellies Beach Cabanas were no longer available.

Don't depend on getting a cabana on Nellie Beach when you get there. They are on the excursion board and usually go quite quickly with reservations before the cruise.

We have an over the water cabana reserved already. I would like to see a map of where they are located around Nellie's Beach so we'll have an idea of which ones we would like to try and get once we arrive.

Oh, I miss understood you. I think the decision is made by the ship and not by the passenger. That is what I have taken from the other posts on this site. We also have an "Over the Water" cabana for our August 30th sailing. From pictures on the board, it looks like about three of them. From comments on this site, any one of them is just great.

We also have an "Over the Water" cabana for our August 30th sailing.

We aren't going until February. You'll have to do us all a favor and post some pictures of ALL the cabanas at Nallie's Beach. Most pictures you see on here are of cabanas at Barefoot Beach.

I would prefer a cabana that looks out toward the ship and water rather than one that faces the beach.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1-wTzQ14ctu37yCbFsYeGNYO--KaTfrVwFym-zgg6VzFex1FTQw

I will take some pictures of the Nellie's Beach Cabanas. Then all I have to do is figure out how to post them on this site. I will try my best to get some information on the Nellies Beach Cabanas for the board.

No, those are part of the Beach Cabanas on the other side of the beach from the over the water and hillside cabanas (and those are brand new). They look somewhat high in that picture - but they really arent. The easiest way to tell is those have direct access to the water...the hillsides don't.

The hillside cabanas are between Barefoot and Nellie's...

No, those are part of the Beach Cabanas on the other side of the beach from the over the water and hillside cabanas (and those are brand new). They look somewhat high in that picture - but they really arent. The easiest way to tell is those have direct access to the water...the hillsides don't.

The hillside cabanas are between Barefoot and Nellie's...

Hmmmmm, Qtmichelle had quoted that they were hillside? This is so confusing. So the only hillside ones are the ones between Barefoot Beach and Nellies beach up on that area that juts out?

So the ones right above the "Nellies" are the only Hillside Catagory?

Labadee.jpg

Im fine with that....just trying to make sure:confused:

So the only hillside ones are the ones between Barefoot Beach and Nellies beach up on that area that juts out?

So the ones right above the "Nellies" are the only Hillside Catagory?

Labadee.jpg

Im fine with that....just trying to make sure:confused:

I believe the ones you are looking at in this picture above the word "Nellie's" are over the water cabanas at Nellie's Beach. I think the new hillside cabanas are not shown in this picture. They are probably to the right, between Nellie's and Columbus Cove.

See, this is why we need a map that shows the location and designation of each cabana.

The ones over the word Nellies are the hilltop - see this thread post # 7

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625781

one easy way to differentiate - the beach cabanas are directly on the beach behind the deck chairs

the hilltop run right beside the barefoot hilltop and there are only a few

-the Over The Water - the have direct access to the water - so if the cabana has steps directly into the water it is an OTW

One thing to keep in mind when I snapped those photos in above thread is the tide was very low that day and so more ground is exposed than normal

I believe the ones you are looking at in this picture above the word "Nellie's" are over the water cabanas at Nellie's Beach. Nope they are Hilltop I think the new hillside cabanas are not shown in this picture. They are probably to the right, between Nellie's and Columbus Cove.

See, this is why we need a map that shows the location and designation of each cabana.

There is no map I am aware of for Nellies . . . yet!

The hilltop ones are few - you have to climb stairs up and down to get to them.

The ones over the word Nellies are the hilltop - see this thread post # 7

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625781

I thought the cabanas in this picture from your previous post (which are over the water cabanas) were the same ones on the point above the word Nellies.

nellies-1.jpg

My mistake

Edited by f7prez

I thought the cabanas in this picture from your previous post (which are over the water cabanas) were the same ones on the point above the word Nellies.

nellies-1.jpg

My mistake

it's very hard to picture - the hilltop facing the ship wraps around and drops towards these OTW facing the beach - you can see I took this from the beach out towards the ship as opposed to the hilltop from the ship - I know sounds confusing

Edited by melbur

Thanks Melanie. One thing I am sure of, we are going to enjoy our cabana immensely:D I think this is the one thing I am looking forward to the most... besides sailing an Oasis class ship (Allure) for the first time.

Edited by f7prez

So, are there only four over the water cabanas on Nellies?

No from what I gather there are those 4 that are clumped together and then across the water there look to be another 3 or 4 on rocks in a straight line that they are saying are "over the water" cabanas

nellieotw2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I agree ... I downloaded the Labadee 'brochure' via the Ports of Call link on the Royal Caribbean website, and there is no indication of 'Nellie's Beach' anywhere on the map. Can anyone please indicate a physical location as to the Over-the-Water cabanas at Nellie's Beach, in relation to where Barefoot Beach is located? Is it in the area of Columbus Cove? I have already booked an Over-the-Water cabana, and I am curious as to the distance between the cabana, and the other activities my guest and I have planned for the day (Dragon's Breath Flight Line, etc.) Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Just at Nellie's Beach cabana last week. The pictures on this site are of Nellie's Beach. the picture with the six cabanas that says "low tide" are the ones we rented. We had the first cabana to the left of the picture and the first one on that side of the beach. There are four other cabanas on the other side of the beach that are called Over the water also. Just behind our cabana, there was a sidewalk and behind that were the beach cabanas enclosed in a three foot wall with a gate to enter. Columbus Beach is just outside the encloser around the front cabanas. You have to walk about 500 feet to get over the hill onto Columbus Beach. These cabanas in the photo on this thread are on the left hand side of Nellies. Everything is quite close for walking around Labadee. It looks a lot larger than it really is.