Drury vs Homewood suites on Poydras St NOLA

Strathmore

Anyone have experience staying in either of these places? They are practically across the street from each other, so equal distance to port. Any advice on which is a better deal? They seem pretty comparable Drury is a little cheaper but I have never heard of that chain. Have stayed at Homewood Suites before, and was always pleased. Any thoughts?

Anyone have experience staying in either of these places? They are practically across the street from each other, so equal distance to port. Any advice on which is a better deal? They seem pretty comparable Drury is a little cheaper but I have never heard of that chain. Have stayed at Homewood Suites before, and was always pleased. Any thoughts?

I've never stayed at Homewood Suites, but we've stayed at the Drury Inn in N.O. before. We like Drury Inn very much and we usually book them if available wherever we happen to need a hotel. Have always had very friendly and helpful staff. Clean hotel. The 5'Oclock kickback is nice as well.

Specific to the Drury in New Orleans, as I said, we stayed there last November and were very happy with the location. Easy walk to the French Qtr, but not in the middle of everything. You need a card to swipe in the elevator to get to your floor, which was a nice security feature IMO.

If we had anything to complain about it would be the lack of a safe in the room. We are going again this November. We did check some other hotels closer to the quarter to try, but most were booked for November all the way back in March and what wasn't booked was up to $400.00 per night. We had no problem going back to the Drury. Good price for what you get. Check their website out and check them on trip advisor as well. They usually get pretty good reviews.

Sorry I cannot give you a comparison to the Homewood Suites, but I can definitely confirm that we enjoy the Drury Inn.

Homewood Suites is the BEST we stayed there over Super Bowl and they treated us like KINGS the best.

Very clean and staff/Management was EXCELLENT

Felt like home...

Enjoy

• 4 years later...

Hoping someone has a more recent response than 2013.

Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites on Poydras recently? Reviews are on opposite extremes on other websites, so I was hoping some of you CC friends could give me your opinions. I currently have two of the 2 bedroom/2 bath guest rooms reserved for my family, my brother's family, and my parents. We wanted that kind of space, but I am not convinced that this location is THE ONE. Someone tell me that it is fabulous. Or that it is horrible. That way I will know if I should keep or cancel the reservation.

Thanks!