Number of outfits to pack?

Skippy

Does anyone have any tips on how many outfits to pack for elementary aged kids?

Our ship doesn't have self serve laundry so I am keeping that in mind.

Right now I am packing 4 dinner outfits for them and possibly 5 daytime outfits. Is this too much?

We are staying overnight prior to the cruise so the trip is really a Saturday to the following Sunday.

I am hoping they don't have spills.

My kid lives in his swimsuit during the day. I usually take 3 swimsuits, 5 tees, 4 or 5 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs if khakis, a polo shirts for non dress up dinners and a shirt and tie for dress up nights. Plus a pair of jeans if we are on a ship with a skating rink. Socks for rock climbing. He usually wears the jeans on the flight down since we are coming from a cold climate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

While your ship may not have a self-service laundry, they will wash and fold a "bag" of laundry....the wash and fold isn't as expensive as having things presses....and they do a good job....stuff comes back looking pretty good! So, don't take too much...if there is a big spill or other catastrophe, you can get them washed!

Does anyone have any tips on how many outfits to pack for elementary aged kids?

Our ship doesn't have self serve laundry so I am keeping that in mind.

Right now I am packing 4 dinner outfits for them and possibly 5 daytime outfits. Is this too much?

We are staying overnight prior to the cruise so the trip is really a Saturday to the following Sunday.

I am hoping they don't have spills.

My sons always had a clean tshirt and shorts for each day. 3 chinos with 4 polo shirts for casual evenings and 2 dress shirts (ties on lines that need it). 2 bathing suits. Plus an outfit for traveling home. They each had their own 22" roller so had plenty of room for a 7 day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, I guess I am completely an over packer... I always pack a clean day outfit for each day and almost always a night outfit for each night. Sometimes I can get away with wearing night pants twice with different tops. Do for a 7 day cruise with 1 night before I would be packing 14 outfits...

Go light on the packing and splurge once or twice on the laundry service. Well worth every penny!! Until this year I always did self service laundry and spent way too much time doing everyone's laundry on our vacation!!

For girls, dresses are easy and for boys, I do dinner in a polo or a shirt one night and then add a vest the second night.