UFC fight

3shar

Hey,

I will also be on the Escape Saturday, cannot wait! Also huge UFC fan but unfortunately from past experience NCL will not televise the PPV. The cost is too high, they'd have to pay the promoter per head on the cruise ship, astronomical $. Sorry! I'm bummed as well.

Contrary to the reply you got though, I can tell you there is tons of interest outside of the U.S. :)

You can order the Mayweather v. Mcgregor on ufc.tv for the same $99.99 as you would at home. I know when I use Fight Pass from the UFC it is an HD picture. As for on ship internet? Who knows how it would look and I thought video and audio streaming were blocked?

This is something I too was looking forward towards. Cruise out on the sea with other fellow passengers and watching a fun match. It's absurd the promoters would charge so much for a cruise ship. Would have been great promotion for UFC/Boxing but I get it, money talks. I guess they would rather get ZERO bucks then something reasonable for the cruise ships.

The ship does not pay per passenger, just like a family of 6 doesn't pay per person for PPV. You pay by the television set. This is just like any sports bar around, they are charged by the number of screens they could put the fight on. Even the tanker I'm working on currently can't afford a PPV fight, as we have to pay the same $100 for all 22 satellite boxes, whether anyone is going to watch or not. And if you think they could get away with cutting a deal with the cruise lines, think how quickly the other outlets would cry foul for having to pay for each screen.

The ship does not pay per passenger, just like a family of 6 doesn't pay per person for PPV. You pay by the television set. This is just like any sports bar around, they are charged by the number of screens they could put the fight on. Even the tanker I'm working on currently can't afford a PPV fight, as we have to pay the same $100 for all 22 satellite boxes, whether anyone is going to watch or not. And if you think they could get away with cutting a deal with the cruise lines, think how quickly the other outlets would cry foul for having to pay for each screen.

I'm not sure about your info on sports bars being charged. I always understood that they were charged by the fire code occupancy rate for customers.