UBP... Getting 2 or more drinks at one time

Bronx12

We want to do sail away on our balcony and we have UBP and want to know if it is possible to get more than one drink at a time to take to our room for sail away. Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks,

Rhonda

It's designed for 1 drink at a time, per person. Can you get more drinks? Sure! Get your 2 drinks...walk to another bar. One person takes both drinks to the cabin, while the other has both cards, and gets 2 more drinks. The person without their card, will be waiting in the hallway to be let into the cabin!

• Like 1

Policy is 1 beverage per person per transaction..... some will say they were allowed more etc.... but why put the bartender at risk asking to break policy... using the multiple card system could also cause an issue because the UBP is not shareable or transferrable and since it's not your card it's being shared or transferred. Just thinking of the bar staff being put in bad spot when asked to circumvent policy

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

Policy is 1 beverage per person per transaction..... some will say they were allowed more etc.... but why put the bartender at risk asking to break policy...

I know what it says, but, there is only the 2 of us, so we will just go to a different bar the second time :) Thanks

Policy is 1 beverage per person per transaction..... some will say they were allowed more etc.... but why put the bartender at risk asking to break policy... using the multiple card system could also cause an issue because the UBP is not shareable or transferrable and since it's not your card it's being shared or transferred. Just thinking of the bar staff being put in bad spot when asked to circumvent policy

Yes it is only one per transaction but that doesn't mean you can't both go to a different bar (or even same bar just a minute later) and order another round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what it says, but, there is only the 2 of us, so we will just go to a different bar the second time :) Thanks

There's only 2 of you and 2,000 of your closest "friends" who probably have the UBP....... someone sees just you 2 getting four drinks and your "friends" will expect the same "waiver"

But since it's only the 2 of you ..... no reason they won't allow you to take water or beer or soda on board..... =D

• Like 1

there's only 2 of you and 2,000 of your closest "friends" who probably have the ubp....... Someone sees just you 2 getting four drinks and your "friends" will expect the same "waiver"

but since it's only the 2 of you ..... No reason they won't allow you to take water or beer or soda on board..... =d

sent from my sm-t820 using forums mobile app

wow!

The first day or so it's 90% chance they'll give me 2 drinks. I always bring my wife's room key just in case they want both. After then the bartenders know me and it's 100%. TIPS HELP this process.

The first day or so it's 90% chance they'll give me 2 drinks. I always bring my wife's room key just in case they want both. After then the bartenders know me and it's 100%. TIPS HELP this process.

Thanks! What would be a reasonable tip per drink?

There's only 2 of you and 2,000 of your closest "friends" who probably have the UBP....... someone sees just you 2 getting four drinks and your "friends" will expect the same "waiver"

But since it's only the 2 of you ..... no reason they won't allow you to take water or beer or soda on board..... =D

Do you better about yourself now?

wow!

I said it being sarcastic and an attempt at humor (hence the exaggerated "personal waiver" about the liquid policy including a smile) .... YOUR reasoning that it was "only the 2 of you" somehow made it OK to request the additional drinks because the the policy shouldn't apply to you ..... not sure why you're shocked when someone replies to your reasoning.....

• Like 1

We want to do sail away on our balcony and we have UBP and want to know if it is possible to get more than one drink at a time to take to our room for sail away. Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks,

Rhonda

It's a reasonable question. I agree with the PP that a tip goes a long way!

Thanks! What would be a reasonable tip per drink?

On my last cruise, we were close to the Spinnaker Lounge so the bartenders there recognized us by day two. There was one who waited on us most of the time and I tipped him $5 a couple of days in and another $10 at the end of the cruise. After the initial $5 tip, all of the bartenders wanted to help us when we came in, so it doesn't take much! LOL.

Enjoy your cruise!

Since both cards have the UBP symbol on them it is obvious to bar staff you are getting the drink for another UBP person, not sharing the perk. So it's no problem to get drinks for both of you that way.

• 8 months later...

I have read in the T&C that it's 2 drinks per transaction.

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

An 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

My last 2 cruises I was given 2 drinks per transaction w/UBP multiple times. Don't pay attention to the people saying you can't.
This thread was also almost a year ago when the policy was 1 per transaction...... NCL has changed it back to 2 per transaction.

Thanks,

Rhonda

The policy is 1 person so it is easy to get 2. The bar tenders are allowed to serve 2 per person if there are 2 in a cabin with the package. The computer will show that when bar tender rings the request up. Then you will probably be able to go to another bar and do the same. I would never try to get more than 2 at once. Thus you might be able to take 4 to your cabin, but that would be it. Remember rules are for a reason. Don't stretch a good thing.

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2018 at 2:18 AM, scuba vaca said:

Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

On 4/28/2018 at 2:51 AM, esm54687 said:
bbryan5 said:
My last 2 cruises I was given 2 drinks per transaction w/UBP multiple times. Don't pay attention to the people saying you can't.

This thread was also almost a year ago when the policy was 1 per transaction...... NCL has changed it back to 2 per transaction.

I am curious.  If you am a solo cabin occupant, and travelling with a friend also a solo cabin occupant, would the 2 drinks per transaction not be a simple way of sharing the package?  Before I get a load of tut tuts, I only ask the question out of curiosity - it seems too easy for someone to abuse the system.  Perhaps as a solo occupant they would not give 2 drinks?