14 day, returns to same port

katalog

I'm booked on NCL, a 14 day, back-to-back in Feb. 2016. Doing Orlando, then back to Orlando, then back out for 7 more days. The NCL rep said we don't have to take our luggage off the boat, just have to get off and go through customs again. I'm wondering if we have to get in that LONG line all over again. Anyone ever done this back-to-back? I'm hoping there is a 'quickie line' for those staying on board for the next week.

I'm booked on NCL, a 14 day, back-to-back in Feb. 2016. Doing Orlando, then back to Orlando, then back out for 7 more days. The NCL rep said we don't have to take our luggage off the boat, just have to get off and go through customs again. I'm wondering if we have to get in that LONG line all over again. Anyone ever done this back-to-back? I'm hoping there is a 'quickie line' for those staying on board for the next week.

If you have the same cabin for both cruises, you don't even have to pack. If your cabin is different, you pack your stuff, except for hanging stuff, and the cabin stewards will shift it to your new cabin.

Everyone has to get off the ship, per CBP (called zero count), but you will be given a "transit" pass, you won't have to clear with CBP, and you can go back onboard before normal boarding. Since Orlando isn't a port, I don't think you will be getting off there! :D Most of the ports have a "transit" lounge or area where you will wait to reboard.

We have done dozens and dozens of back-to-back cruises.

We book them far enough in advance that we stay in the same cabin -- hope you have done the same thing. If not, your cabin stewards will be able to help you move from one cabin to the new one.

Yes -- you will have to get off the ship in Orlando to go through IMMIGRATION.

You will get a letter the last full day of the first cruise explaining the procedure. There are usually others who will be doing the same thing. Your letter will indicate what time and where you are to meet to get off the ship to go through immigration. You will also get new ID cards. Take all cards with you as you will need to use the old ones to get off the ship and the new ones to get back onto the ship.

Remember to take your passport with you.

Your ship will either give you what is called an Intransit Card or will have a person lead you back onto the ship.

You will not be able to get back onto the ship until it gets down to "zero" count -- meaning all passengers are finally off the ship. Sometimes we have waited only a few minutes -- sometimes over an over.

No -- will not have to get into those long embarkation lines. You get to by-pass security and check-in lines.

Back-to-back cruises are great.

Have a great time.

We have done a great many b-to-b's on HAL ships. The procedure is about the same on all cruise lines.

Don't bother packing...... hanging clothes can be transferred on a rolling rack your steward will bring. On HAL ships, drawers are interchangeable and stewards take the filled ones and swap out with the empties.

All you need to toss in a bag are items on the counters in your cabin and those in the bathroom.

You will be provided an 'in transit card' which permits you to avoid the check in lines and go directly to security check when the signal is given you can go back aboard. That happens when all who are leaving have done so and the ship has 'zeroed down'.

If you are given a new ID/key card for the second segment, you will scan off the ship using the old card and scan back on using your new card.

Edited by sail7seas

Just want to be very clear.

Yes, you not only will go through Immigration but you will also fill out a customs card and you will turn the card into customs when that first cruise ends.

However, you will not have any luggage in hand.

Once the ship is clear you can return back to the ship.

Try to get the same room for both cruises to avoid repacking but if you don't no worries as you will get a lot of help to move.

Keith

Orlando is in the MIDDLE Florida, it is about 60 miles from the Port Canaveral. This is where you fly into for a cruise.

You will get a letter usually on last day. Will tell you where and when all B2Bs meet. Everyone walks thru customs then right back on the ship. But if you decide to go ashore then you have to go through the check in with all the new passengers.

I just posted someone else about moving to another cabin so check that out. It should be right above this post.