Miami Premiere Cruise Parking

thepoint

Have read good and bad about Premier Cruise Parking. Does anyone have recent expierence with this garage. It appears to be the only indoor parking. The advertisement states no parking until shuttle time which is at 11:am. Does that mean you will wait in line for hours to get in? Comments and recommendations please. Or would you recommend the parking garages at the port even if they are more expensive. Are they easy to get into or will it be a mad house with folks disembarking also. I am thinking a hotel with parking would be better. Any recommendations for stay and cruise hotel? Thank you.

Have read good and bad about Premier Cruise Parking. Does anyone have recent expierence with this garage. It appears to be the only indoor parking. The advertisement states no parking until shuttle time which is at 11:am. Does that mean you will wait in line for hours to get in? Comments and recommendations please. Or would you recommend the parking garages at the port even if they are more expensive. Are they easy to get into or will it be a mad house with folks disembarking also. I am thinking a hotel with parking would be better. Any recommendations for stay and cruise hotel? Thank you.

Why not just park at the pier? It is easy to get to and very convenient after the cruise compared to lining up for a shuttle.

Why not just park at the pier? It is easy to get to and very convenient after the cruise compared to lining up for a shuttle.

The more we read the more this seems like the best option. BUT, how can you be sure there will be space available on that day? My husband is a nut about leaving his car. He wants secure and covered parking. There appears to be three garages at the pier D,G, and J. How do we determine before getting to the pier which garage will be closest to the ship? We will be on the Celebrity Reflection Januar 30th.. I am very nervous about this because we are driving down from Ct (taking two weeks - vacation before the cruise). Once we are there we have to be able to do something with the car. What happens if the garage is full?Thank you for your help.

We have parked at Premier Parking many, many times and have been very happy with them. You park in a parking garage, completely undercover. We have always driven up usually to the 4th or 5th floor-maybe the 3rd. There is someone there telling you which parking spot to park in. Then we wait with other people for the van -not bus- to arrive. You are taken to your ship and others are taken to their different ship. It is also easy getting back on the shuttle to go back and get your car. The car is parked in a VERY safe location and you take your keys with you. You must or really should make a reservation before you leave home. They check you in when you arrive. For this reason the garage won't be full- they know who's coming and when.

We won't hesitate to park there again for our next Miami cruise!

Edited by Bonnie J.

we used premier last month and never again. wile diving up to the 5 floor, there was a burned out car on one of the floors to start with. we got up there @ 10:45 and no one was up there at all. 11:10 the van came with return cruisers. by the time we got to the port, it was 11:45 and lines out the door and by the time they started to embark it was 12:30 but had to wait...1st come 1st served. when we park at the port, we are usually in by 10:30-11:00 and just have a short wait to get on the ship. here's the kicker now...very long line to disembark ( the breeze) and go through customs. got out to the premier pick up area about 10:30. after a 45 minute wait, I called premier and they told me that it would be about 30-45 minute wait from that time. after another hour wait, the van finally showed up and luckily we were able to catch this one as there were about 15 people waiting about now but they let us get on since we waited for about 11/2 hours. never again...I will park at the port because by the time I got to the garage to pick up my car, we could have been on alligator alley already. the only good that came out of it, was that it only cost us $56.oo plus tips. was it worth it? not really and it was hot standing out in the hot sun.

Sounds like Pier parking is the best way to go. We are on Celebrity, so I believe we should park in Garage J. Does anyone know if this is correct? It looks like it is across the street from where the ship's dock. Can you just walk across the street into the embarkation area? How can you be sure there will be space available on that day? I think there will be five other ships in port on that day. Thank you for your help.

Sounds like Pier parking is the best way to go. We are on Celebrity, so I believe we should park in Garage J. Does anyone know if this is correct? It looks like it is across the street from where the ship's dock. Can you just walk across the street into the embarkation area? How can you be sure there will be space available on that day? I think there will be five other ships in port on that day. Thank you for your help.

We used Park & Go right outside the gate of the pier and were very satisfied with them. Very prompt shuttles both getting on and off the ship. Many positive reviews from people here.

If you do use them book online to get the best rate and to reserve your spot.

But no they are not under cover.....

Edited by GTO-Girl

The port garage is very convenient, drop your luggage with the porters, park and get on the ship. when you return, get a porter if you need one, go through customs and walk out to the garage, no waiting for shuttles ect...

for us it was worth the money spent.

We used Park & Go right outside the gate of the pier and were very satisfied with them. Very prompt shuttles both getting on and off the ship. Many positive reviews from people here.

If you do use them book online to get the best rate and to reserve your spot.

But no they are not under cover.....

OOPS.......I was referring to Ft Lauderdale and not Miami....sorry :o

• 4 weeks later...