Whats your Karaoke song?

It is summer time and beach/ vacation songs are all over the radio or iheart. So when on your Fun Ship what is your "go to song" when steping up to the microphone during karaoke on your cruise?

What others selection have been your favorite or not so much that you hear as well? :cool:

I don't do Karaoke, but for those that do...PLEASE sing something upbeat! Those slow songs are so depressing!

Sorry but I'm the ballad girl! I do stuff by Whitney Houston, Adele, Heart, Evanescence, Celine Dion and other assorted artists. I don't usually have any complaints!

Edited by Jana60

I don't do Karaoke, but for those that do...PLEASE sing something upbeat! Those slow songs are so depressing!

I don't think my go to song is depressing. Of course, it ain't Grammy material either.

:D

Bob

Any old Madonna song; Papa Don't Preach, Borderline, Material Girl; or I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston, or Irene Cara Flashdance or What a Feeling. I'm not great of a singer but I love karaoke!:p

I don't think my go to song is depressing. Of course, it ain't Grammy material either.

:D

Bob

Bob,

You are Mahvelous in person.clapping.gif :D

I agree with the upbeat or fun songs. The ballads run me off! I ant to have fun rather than cry in my drink!

I have been on 6 Princess cruises and the fastest song I've heard at karoake has been "My Way" by Frank Sinatra.:eek:

I think it makes a huge difference for the crowd if you sing a peppy fun gotta-good-beat song. It doesn't matter if you can sing or not, cause if the crowd can sing along, everyone has fun. It's not so much that slow songs are depressing, they just don't have any energy that the crowd can get into. When they are slow, they seem to go on forever. The only way slow songs are crowd favorites are if the singer is so good he/she rivals the original. Otherwise it's torture for the audience. If you have a so-so voice, do yourself nd your audience a favor and sing something with a fSt fun beat. Amiright?!?!?

It is summer time and beach/ vacation songs are all over the radio or iheart. So when on your Fun Ship what is your "go to song" when steping up to the microphone during karaoke on your cruise?

What others selection have been your favorite or not so much that you hear as well? :cool:

I love it when I hear someone sing Deep Purple's Child in Time in it's entirety.

In reality, I dislike karaoke. I find there are two types that karaoke. The divas and the drunks, and they both don't like each other.

I think it makes a huge difference for the crowd if you sing a peppy fun gotta-good-beat song. It doesn't matter if you can sing or not, cause if the crowd can sing along, everyone has fun. It's not so much that slow songs are depressing, they just don't have any energy that the crowd can get into. When they are slow, they seem to go on forever. The only way slow songs are crowd favorites are if the singer is so good he/she rivals the original. Otherwise it's torture for the audience. If you have a so-so voice, do yourself nd your audience a favor and sing something with a fSt fun beat. Amiright?!?!?

That's how I feel. I'm a performer more than a singer, and chose songs I grew up with. One time I was singing I'm a believer in the lounge outside the MDR (Miracle before 1,3/4) and three drunk girls got up on stage and sang along with Me. Luckily I was a good sport and when we were done, I thanked PETER, DAVY and Mike for their help!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)