Magnetic hooks

larches167

My husband and I are on infinity in November for a PC cruise, I have read on cc that magnetic hooks are useful to take, can anyone in UK let me know where I can purchase them prior to cruising

Many thanks

I bought mine on Amazon, get the nicodymn type, rated for at least 12 kg, they hold less when placed on a vertical surface

I'm an advocate for packing light, but these were terrific to have, took up no room in luggage, & allowed us to have our cross body bags, umbrellas, hats & jackets ready to grab on the way out each morning

I bought mine on Amazon, get the nicodymn type, rated for at least 12 kg, they hold less when placed on a vertical surfaceI'm an advocate for packing light, but these were terrific to have, took up no room in luggage, & allowed us to have our cross body bags, umbrellas, hats & jackets ready to grab on the way out each morning

Where else would you put a hook other than a vertical surface

I always take 1, and it comes in handy just to hang a purse, robe, bathing suit, etc. on. There are not many hooks for things like that in the cabins. I also always take a magnetic board to put on the back of my door to leave notes for our cabin steward or my DH to let him know where I am, & always with a ":)" face !

Edited by IrishLassie

Where else would you put a hook other than a vertical surface

Walls = vertical

Ceiling = horizontal

Read an online article in Huffington's Post recently that suggested the use of magnetic hooks in both areas.

Unless you feel the need to hang a curtain somewhere (and a lightweight one, at that) don't buy them! There is plenty of storage!

We find them convenient to hang tuxedo & my formal wear without stuffing the closet.

Also handy to hang clothes line between 2 hooks for underwear ,etc after washing them in the sink.

We only bring enough clothes for 1/2 of the days we will be gone so clothes go to the laundry & some are washed in the cabin.

We have the heavy duty hooks that hold 60 lbs. We use regular magnets near the desk to organize excursion tickets / coupons.

I know that some people like them ..... and I am certainly not a "neatnick" ask Dudette but we kind of like having thing put away in closets and drawers. Cabins are small enough without having the clutter of stuff hanging from walls. I know when we are in cabins that have hooks on the walls for robes and alike we take the robes and hang them in the closet. But then again not everyone likes ice cream either.;)

We always bring about 3 for hanging items such as umbrella(Alaska), necklaces or nice scarf, hats, lanyards, etc... I got them at Target, not sure if you have such a store in the UK?

We also bring about 6 magnets to hang papers such as the daily schedule, excursion tickets, or notes to each other by the door.

We always bring about 3 for hanging items such as umbrella(Alaska), necklaces or nice scarf, hats, lanyards, etc... I got them at Target, not sure if you have such a store in the UK?

We also bring about 6 magnets to hang papers such as the daily schedule, excursion tickets, or notes to each other by the door.

Most of the department stores seem to carry them.

Walls = vertical

Ceiling = horizontal

Read an online article in Huffington's Post recently that suggested the use of magnetic hooks in both areas.

Smart, nice one!

On a vertical surface it will slide down with a weight that would be no problem on a horizontal surface where it can not slide.

My husband and I are on infinity in November for a PC cruise, I have read on cc that magnetic hooks are useful to take, can anyone in UK let me know where I can purchase them prior to cruising

Many thanks

Could you let me/us know where you do get them from and how you rate them? We would like to get some too for our November trip to New Zealand. Thanks and have a great trip.

PS: I thought PC was 'Pre-Christmas' Doh!