Has anyone used Titan Airways for their flight from Manchester

Tangoqueen

Hi just wondering if anyone is back from flying Titan Airways from Manchester yet? If so, I wondered whether you noticed anyone getting cabin luggage weighed. It states on VP and Titan site for Cunard and P&O charter flights that max hand luggage is 5kg. With the 20kg of hold luggage and no opportunity to purchase more had hoped to carry some excess in hand luggage but I think my normal handbag probably weighs nearly 5kg. Thank you

Hi,

We recently flew Titan to join QV in Athens.

When we checked in at Manchester, we remarked hope we're not overweight.

She replied,no worries.

Hand luggage was not weighed on the outbound flight or on return from Rome.

Hi,

We recently flew Titan to join QV in Athens.

When we checked in at Manchester, we remarked hope we're not overweight.

She replied,no worries.

Hand luggage was not weighed on the outbound flight or on return from Rome.

Thank you for your response Kir Royale, I'm trying to thin out what I am packing but it is v hard. Any idea of how much your checked in luggage weighed? Thanks again

If it helps I just booked with Flybe for the Southampton to Manchester one way flight.

Their standard baggage weight is 20kg with an "upgrade" to 23kg for just a few pounds more (which I opted for just in case). They also offer a heavy upgrade to 40kg for 2 bags but that seemed quite expensive as I recall. The maximum single bag weight is 30kg.

I have no experience with Titan, but I'd be inclined to book an airline that has multiple daily flights - it gives you more of a back up plan if your flight is delayed or canceled for any reason.

Edited by Winchester Ranger

I have no experience with Titan, but I'd be inclined to book an airline that has multiple daily flights - it gives you more of a back up plan if your flight is delayed or canceled for any reason.

Titan is a regular Cunard charter so I think you are safe !! My experieneces with Titan have been excellent

If it helps I just booked with Flybe for the Southampton to Manchester one way flight.

Their standard baggage weight is 20kg with an "upgrade" to 23kg for just a few pounds more (which I opted for just in case). They also offer a heavy upgrade to 40kg for 2 bags but that seemed quite expensive as I recall. The maximum single bag weight is 30kg.

These are flights specially chartered by Cunard for their fly cruises - there is no need for a back up plan, Cunard will get you there.

Thank you for your response Kir Royale, I'm trying to thin out what I am packing but it is v hard. Any idea of how much your checked in luggage weighed? Thanks again

Hi, as I recall it was 19.6 kg so a little underweight.

I packed much as I normally do for a cruise out of Southampton.

Including 4 formal outfits.

Thank you everyone, unfortunately Titan state that excess or additional baggage cannot be purchased, if it could we would definitely pay for an additional bag, at least then we could bring back gifts and souvenirs.

We are on the same flight out of Manchester. It does seem a bit mean of Cunard. The tour operator set the limits. I am glad we are only on a 7 day cruise.

It's good to know though that hand luggage isn't weighed. I know I can get 10 kg in my hand luggage and it's well inside the size dimensions quoted on the Titan website.

At this very moment I am waiting to see how much weight/space my husband doesn't take up!!! He usually travels very light.

We have two days in Rome after the cruise and Cunard have organised our return with BA via Heathrow so at least on the way back we will have more leeway re weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Titan were fine once we found where to check in. We arrived 3 hrs before check in. Thank goodness we met some fellow passengers as thought we were at the wrong terminal. When the flight did show it was to 'an undisclosed destination' very mysterious. There was a delay on boarding due to the late arrival of the plane from Gatwick. The leg room was OK but the seats were very narrow. Cunard had not purchased any drinks or refreshments for a 4 hour flight. There were limited drinks and snacks on board to purchase. Personally I think this is very mean for a 'luxury cruise line' not to provide some food and drink, the holiday starts with the flight.

We arrived at a very small airport 80km from Istanbul. It took us a long time to go through border control and ages for our bags to appear even though we were the only plane in. It took 2 hrs to get to the ship.

Cunard can do better than this, others do. Gambia Experince use Titan and their passengers get free food and beverages.

Edited by Queenie1603