set taxi fare from brooklyn terminal to LGA

fizzy1

the fixed fares for cabs from Manhattan to airports is $45.00. you may get a cabbie who will insist on this fee as well from Red Hook to LGA.

Call Metroline - car service. Ask for a SUV. 718-388-1111. They are a 24 hr car service. Call when you get your luggage, they will be there within fifteen minutes. Large, new cars. Lots of room for luggage - much better than a cab and for $45.00 into Manhattan - probably less to LGA. Ask them on the phone, they will tell you how much.

Paul

Paul,

The $45 flat fare -only- applies from trips between Manhattan and JFK airport. There is no flat fare to other airports, and it is illegal for taxis to use anything but the metered fare for the Red Hook to Manhattan trip. http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/taxicab_rate.shtml has all the details.

Fizzy, according to http://nyc.taxiwiz.com, the cab fare would be roughly $28, around $32 with a 15% tip.

.....and I will add that the fare will also depend on the the traffic going to LGA!

We were on the short March 20-24 cruise and did not arrange for transportation back to the airport post cruise. We had a long time before our plane took off so were in no huge hurry to get to the airport. The line for taxis was enormous!! I am sorry, I have no idea what the rates were, but we decided kind of at the last minute, to take one of the limos. There was a set fee of I think about $60.00. I know, we could have gotten a much better rate. based on what others have reported on cruise critic. DH is not always so patient waiting and it was going to be a long wait for a taxi.The traffic that morning was unreal just really heavy so it did take a while to get to the airport. Our driver was tremendous, he gave us a little history lesson and pointed out things along the way (we had never been to New York). It all worked out very well in the end for us. We arrived at LGA and were able to get on an earlier flight home.

Long story, I know....... I just wanted to let the OP know what the rates were for the limos that are there alongside the taxis at disembarkation.;)

Linda

thanks everyone, we are doing self disembarkation, so we should be faily near the front of the line if we have to wait for a cab, our flight to orlando is not untill 14:30, so if we have to wait an hour in the line, there's probabley more to keep us amused watching the hustle and bustlel at the port than in ANOTHER airport!!!

The cab fare to and from LGA to the Red Hook terminal will run about $30-35.00 including tip per cab. There are no tolls. The cruise terminal arranged car service is about twice that. Any of the Brooklyn local car service will be happy to do the run for the same 30-35. Heights Hill Car service, Cadman Plaza car service and Arecibo are some of the local ones...you call and arrange them yourself and they will ask you to call when you are getting of and be there in a reasonable amount of time....and best of all they know where it is. Which you can't say for all the cabs from LGA...If getting off at LGa and taking a cab bring directions with you(BQE to Atlantic Avenue and make a left at the light at the end of the ramp and then the first right--yes I know this is not the way the Cruise terminal recommends, its shorter less traffic and the road has almost been redone....)

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for the information. It now appears that we shall be flying into JFK day before; stay at airport hotel nearby. Have sent emails out for quotes on transport to QE2. Yes, the cruiseline does charge $30pp!! When r u cruising next and where?

• 6 years later...
Does anyone know the cost to take taxi from Brooklyn pier (NY) to LGA?

Better yet... is there a shuttle company at pier? We have a group of 12 that need this. Thanks

I'm interested in this info as well. I'm on the July 30th 5-day cruise on QM2...and any information is always appreciated.

Say Hello to all my relatives in Sarnia!! It's a nice little city!!

:D

Does anyone know the cost to take taxi from Brooklyn pier (NY) to LGA?

Better yet... is there a shuttle company at pier? We have a group of 12 that need this. Thanks

Just thought of something...would you know my Aunt who lives in Sarnia. She loves to cruise. Her first name is Barb, and her last name starts with a B. ? She usually cruises with a galpal...or her daughter. :D

Enjoy your cruise; hope we find out about taxi before you leave.

Love Sarnia; right on water and close enough to go to large cities plus 5 minutes to states.

Small world ... aunt in Sarnia... email me : mariburr at sympatico.ca

We just did this when we disembarked the QM2 last month. We were going to LGA and we were one of the first ones off the ship since we did self assist. There were metered cabs lined up as well as those with a set price of $45. We hopped in a metered cab and it cost us $34 to LGA (plus tip). This was at 7:00 a.m. so the traffic was pretty heavy.

We just did this when we disembarked the QM2 last month. We were going to LGA and we were one of the first ones off the ship since we did self assist. There were metered cabs lined up as well as those with a set price of $45. We hopped in a metered cab and it cost us $34 to LGA (plus tip). This was at 7:00 a.m. so the traffic was pretty heavy.

Thank you hancogran. That also gives me an idea. My flight leaves from LGA.

My flight out is at 4:30pm. I don't think I'll have to rush off the ship to make it, but I do forget about the darn traffic.

Thank you for your information, it's appreciated!!

Joyce :D

That's excellent advice; sincere thanks. Could that taxi have taken 4 adults with luggage?

I guess it depends on how much luggage you would have. :confused: I am sure the four passengers shouldn't be a problem (1 in front and 3 in the back) but I'd be concerned if all the cases would fit in the trunk. We had two good sized cases and a smaller carry-on and it was fine. Maybe you could see if there's a metered van.

Thank you hancogran. That also gives me an idea. My flight leaves from LGA.

My flight out is at 4:30pm. I don't think I'll have to rush off the ship to make it, but I do forget about the darn traffic.

Thank you for your information, it's appreciated!!

Joyce :D

No you certainly wouldn't have to rush off the ship if you're not flying out till 4:30. Our Air Canada flight was not till noon but we went on standby and caught a flight at 10:00 a.m. so we were home by noon..worked out great!

The cab fare to and from LGA to the Red Hook terminal will run about $30-35.00 including tip per cab. There are no tolls. The cruise terminal arranged car service is about twice that. Any of the Brooklyn local car service will be happy to do the run for the same 30-35. Heights Hill Car service, Cadman Plaza car service and Arecibo are some of the local ones...you call and arrange them yourself and they will ask you to call when you are getting of and be there in a reasonable amount of time....and best of all they know where it is. Which you can't say for all the cabs from LGA...If getting off at LGa and taking a cab bring directions with you(BQE to Atlantic Avenue and make a left at the light at the end of the ramp and then the first right--yes I know this is not the way the Cruise terminal recommends, its shorter less traffic and the road has almost been redone....)

We took a car service recently from LGA to Red Hook. The fare was about $50 - $55, so it has gone up a bit in the seven years since these earlier postings.

We took a car service recently from LGA to Red Hook. The fare was about $50 - $55, so it has gone up a bit in the seven years since these earlier postings.

Yes, it has!! At least we have an idea as to what to expect. Thank you for your input! :D

No you certainly wouldn't have to rush off the ship if you're not flying out till 4:30. Our Air Canada flight was not till noon but we went on standby and caught a flight at 10:00 a.m. so we were home by noon..worked out great!

I've never flown standby. If I got to the airport at Noon, for example and see a flight home before mine, can I request standby? If there is a seat...would I have to pay the going rate for that flight...or would I keep the same rate as my booked flight? I've often sat at the airport for many hours...but was too timid to go ask about going earlier...sometimes the folks at the desk aren't in the best of moods.

:eek: Oh my... I didn't realize this was an old thread!! The price I quoted for our taxi is current. We just got off the QM June 3rd so it looks like the taxi fare is cheaper than a car service. :) We knew it would be more costly to book a transfer through the ship so we figured we'd just do it on our own and it worked out well.

I've never flown standby. If I got to the airport at Noon, for example and see a flight home before mine, can I request standby? If there is a seat...would I have to pay the going rate for that flight...or would I keep the same rate as my booked flight? I've often sat at the airport for many hours...but was too timid to go ask about going earlier...sometimes the folks at the desk aren't in the best of moods.

Well to be honest, that's the first time we've ever flown standby and we have flown a lot over the years. We also never understood how it worked and figured it would cost us extra which is not the case with us. We were at LGA so early that the clerk on the Air Canada check-in desk asked if we wanted to go standby for the next available flight. We agreed (not really knowing how it worked) but we knew that there would be no extra charge. She said to go through security and then head to the gate for that flight and check with the Air Canada rep at the desk at the gate. We did and they had two seats.. one behind the other .. so we got on that 10 a.m. flight and were so thankful.

I am not sure what airline you are using but that was how Air Canada worked. I always thought there was an extra charge but not so. Have no fear of asking next time.. they are very accommodating. I know the feeling of sitting at an airport for 4 or 5 hours...:mad:

Sorry for getting off topic folks.. I apologize.

I am not sure what airline you are using but that was how Air Canada worked. I always thought there was an extra charge but not so. Have no fear of asking next time.. they are very accommodating. I know the feeling of sitting at an airport for 4 or 5 hours...:mad:

Sorry for getting off topic folks.. I apologize.

Officially there is a fee for standby for an earlier flight unless you are in Business Class or it is a route that specifically offers "free standby for an earlier same-day flight." If the airline offers it to you (my experience has been with Air Canada and Porter) of course there will be no fee, but sometimes you can ask if there is an earlier flight with no charge for the change. I believe Air Canada and Porter still offer free same-day standby to and from the New York and Newark airports.

Officially there is a fee for standby for an earlier flight unless you are in Business Class or it is a route that specifically offers "free standby for an earlier same-day flight." If the airline offers it to you (my experience has been with Air Canada and Porter) of course there will be no fee, but sometimes you can ask if there is an earlier flight with no charge for the change. I believe Air Canada and Porter still offer free same-day standby to and from the New York and Newark airports.

Well thanks for that info, David. This was all new to me too but you can bet I'll be asking if there's any additional charges if I ever request standby. Yes, it was the airlines that offered it to us at LGA and after finding out there was no additional charge, we were very happy to go standby. I didn't realize there could be charges depending on the airline and/or destination. :)

Thank you both for all that information. It's handy to know in case it's needed. You ran into a 'nice' agent, Hancogran!! I usually fly Air Canada as it has the most variety of flights. I sometimes fly West Jet.

Thanks again...:D

Thank you both for all that information. It's handy to know in case it's needed. You ran into a 'nice' agent, Hancogran!! I usually fly Air Canada as it has the most variety of flights. I sometimes fly West Jet.

Thanks again...:D

She likely felt sorry for us... a couple of old fogies ! lol ;) Enjoy your cruise and good luck with the flights and taxis!