pool

larderlake1

• 11 years later...

Oceania Cruise line operates two different classes of ship:

On the smaller Insignia, Regatta, Nautica and Sirena, collectively known as "the R Ships", the swimming pools are only accessible by ladder. This is a photo of the Nautica, but illustrates the ladder situation well:

Oceania-Nautica-pool.jpg

The larger Marina and Riviera, often described as "the O Ships", or "the O Class" have pools which contain full fledged staircases, complete with hand-railings:

oceania_riviera-640x426.jpg

On all of the ships, the central tank of the pools are deep. By that I mean more than 5 feet, with no shallow portion, so these are true swimming pools.

The pools are filled with chemically treated salt water, which may be heated, but because emptying the Pool is a requirement for entering some ports (seems to depend on the water quality in the harbor), this is a seldom used option. .

I see the original OP message is ancient, but can anyone comment on the temperature of the pool on the Regatta. On a competitor line that starts with an "A", I found the pool (and "hot tubs") a bit cool...Thanks.

John R.

I see the original OP message is ancient, but can anyone comment on the temperature of the pool on the Regatta. On a competitor line that starts with an "A", I found the pool (and "hot tubs") a bit cool...Thanks.

John R.

They have always been a comfortable temp in our experience

Having been on the Riviera a couple of years ago and then doing a Seabourn cruise this year, one thing my DW and I commented on was the better quality of the "pool experience" on Oceania. On O the sunbeds are thicker padded and with a towelling cover, not so on Seabourn. You get a very Holiday Inn type of sunbeds with no covering. Also the mixed exotic drinks were better on O with a Pina Colada with plenty of flora/fruit. On S it was just a Pina slush mix bleeeh.

Made me think that when some guests are making drinks purchases on the ship that is a motivator for the company to make them appealing which if you are on the drinks package is a pay off.

Just a thought. BTW booked on the Riviera for Summer next year. :::)