Marina, Executive Lounge

RJB

What is there for us to do? Food? Drink? Anything really worth going for? Please let us know. Thanks, :)

It's really a more elegantly decorated Concierge Lounge with a better class of canapés.

Oh, and the Executive Concierge is more likely to have a French accent! ;)

There weren't any organized activities (although I think that there could and should be).

The room is not huge in comparison to most Suites, so it was basically used to pick up a cold water on the way to the gym or a Coke before Trivia.

It was also nice to have access to a computer with a printer 24/7

On the maiden voyage there was a spirited game of dominoes going on, and on..........................

Again on the maiden voyage, things may have changed, around 10 in the evening one was able to get online fairly quickly.

Oh, and the Executive Concierge is more likely to have a French accent! ;)

She actually had a very slight German accent :D and was wonderful.

We only used her services once (to fix a broken luggage handle) and she came through. Most people used the services of the concierge to book or research onshore activities; print boarding passes and such. I used the copying machine several times to copy some stuff from the library travel books.

It's nice but not essential. Also, it's located forward so it's more convenient for some than others; unless you really need/want to use the lounge it's a pain to go there if you are all the way aft.

Edited by Paulchili

She actually had a very slight German accent :D and was wonderful.

We only used her services once (to fix a broken luggage handle) and she came through. Most people used the services of the concierge to book or research onshore activities; print boarding passes and such. I used the copying machine several times to copy some stuff from the library travel books.

It's nice but not essential. Also, it's located forward so it's more convenient for some than others; unless you really need/want to use the lounge it's a pain to go there if you are all the way aft.

You're preaching to the choir, Paul, we were literally as far aft as you can get:

003942.jpg

Our solution was to try to "schedule" stops in the lounge while enroute to the front of the ship.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is and why I need it...

I take it that this is open to PHs and Suites? And the "Concierge Lounge" is for Concierge cabins?

It's an interior room maybe the size of what would have been 3 or 4 inside cabins? And there is a concierge stationed there?

Now, on Royal Caribbean, they have lounges like this (the Diamond Lounge on the Allure of the Seas, for example)...but that had a nice balcony overlooking the main promenade and they served free drinks there from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm, so it was a place to go to drink and socialize...in addition to having a Concierge there who could help with issues, arrangements, etc. But, I gather this is not that--no bar--and not necessarily the most attractive place to "hang out" and socialize...

So, aside from an exciting game of dominoes, why would I want to visit?

On the maiden voyage in the Executive Lounge the concierge was of absolutely no help in any area. His eyes were on his computer and he did not even acknowledge the entrance of a guest.

Hopefully he has been replaced.

Apparently the Concierge Lounge had a far more effective person at the helm.

I don't think having a concierge is a waste at all. I would appreciate a helpful concierge located on the same deck as my cabin, and I would like some snacks there as well.

It's a time saver and very helpful to people who cannot move about the ship well.

Edited by Oceans&Rivers

It's a time saver and very helpful to people who cannot move about the ship well.

For those with mobility issues you may want to book a cabin near the lounge as distances are significant on Marina (IMO).

Were in Vista Suite so didn't spend much time in Executive Lounge but great place to pick up a great cup of coffee and snacks without having to hike a mile (gotta have that morning java) . Also more intimate place so to meet & chat with fellow cruisers.:)

• 5 months later...
I'm still trying to figure out what it is and why I need it...

I take it that this is open to PHs and Suites? And the "Concierge Lounge" is for Concierge cabins?

It's an interior room maybe the size of what would have been 3 or 4 inside cabins? And there is a concierge stationed there?

Now, on Royal Caribbean, they have lounges like this (the Diamond Lounge on the Allure of the Seas, for example)...but that had a nice balcony overlooking the main promenade and they served free drinks there from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm, so it was a place to go to drink and socialize...in addition to having a Concierge there who could help with issues, arrangements, etc. But, I gather this is not that--no bar--and not necessarily the most attractive place to "hang out" and socialize...

So, aside from an exciting game of dominoes, why would I want to visit?

So what does the Concierge Lounge offer? Free snacks, free cocktails, anything? Open all day? Just curious. Thanks.

MSL

We were a few doors down from the lounge on our July cruise. It was convenient to use the self serve coffee machine to make a latte, instead of travelling up to the Barista. Also, if one of us wanted to nap, the other could sit there and read. There were some OK canapes at times and a very unhelpful concierge. It was OK to have, but more of an advertising gimic, than particularly useful. It does not have the offerings that a "suite lounge" does on the mainstream lines, and as it is inside, no views. Although it was just for the suite guests, anybody could walk in and use it, but as it had little to offer, very few did.

We were a few doors down from the lounge on our July cruise. It was convenient to use the self serve coffee machine to make a latte, instead of travelling up to the Barista. Also, if one of us wanted to nap, the other could sit there and read. There were some OK canapes at times and a very unhelpful concierge. It was OK to have, but more of an advertising gimic, than particularly useful. It does not have the offerings that a "suite lounge" does on the mainstream lines, and as it is inside, no views. Although it was just for the suite guests, anybody could walk in and use it, but as it had little to offer, very few did.

I'm not sure which mainstream lines you have been sailing, but the Executive Lounge on the Marina is virtually identical to the Neptune Lounges that we've experienced on any number of Holland America ships.

064447.jpg

If the "goodies" seem more plentiful elsewhere, that is probably because most Oceania Suite-dwellers prefer to have their butlers bring in what they need. I know that is how we handle it.

064519.jpg

With a butler to handle the heavy lifting, I agree that the Executive Lounge is a little redundant, but we did find it a convenient place to grab the odd Diet Coke at 2AM, or to have the Concierge print off an errant boarding pass in a pinch.

I'm not sure which mainstream lines you have been sailing, but the Executive Lounge on the Marina is virtually identical to the Neptune Lounges that we've experienced on any number of Holland America ships.

064447.jpg

If the "goodies" seem more plentiful elsewhere, that is probably because most Oceania Suite-dwellers prefer to have their butlers bring in what they need. I know that is how we handle it.

064519.jpg

With a butler to handle the heavy lifting, I agree that the Executive Lounge is a little redundant, but we did find it a convenient place to grab the odd Diet Coke at 2AM, or to have the Concierge print off an errant boarding pass in a pinch.

I am talking about the Concierge Lounge on Royal Caribbean and Michael's Club on Celebrity.

064447.jpg

064519.jpg

I didn't have access to the lounge, but found it very convenient to have my own room's fridge stocked with caffeine free Diet Coke.

Does anyone know if I can use this computer for word processing or is it just for email?

The Oceania computers are only for Internet & Email. No word processing programs whatsoever.

For that kind of thing, you'll need your own Ipad or Laptop.

• 4 years later...
Sorry, I ship I am on is the Riviera.

From your original post, it seems as if you are equating the Executive Lounge on Marina & Riviera with the Neptune Lounges on HAL.

Get that notion right out of your head! :D

HAL uses their Suite Lounges as pick-up headquarters where Passengers who have booked Suites may fetch their amenities.

On Oceania, passengers in the Suites are served by their Butlers, there is never any self service involved, unless the passenger insists on it.

The Suite Lounges, for example, contain never empty stocks of coffee, tea and soft drinks. If the passenger prefers to pick up a Beverage at 1AM instead of asking the Butler to deliver it, the option is there.

Otherwise, the Lounges are an additional space to read, watch television, use a computer or meet friends. A dedicated Concierge will be on duty during business hours.

Some use them often, others have never set foot in one. YMMV

Edited by StanandJim

Have there been any changes to the suite lounge in the last few years. I am in a suite right next to it on the Marina. Noise issues ? Not sure if your if you would use the lounge with a butler ?

No changes. We were on in Aug. and it is O.K. nice to have but no big deal. Go in the morning to get coffee and a pastry when we get up before the butler brings our breakfast, if we order it. Now, if they had an open bar that would be great. I don't expect it anytime soon. :):):)