Boarding Documents

wcc19

Leaving for our cruise in a few days. We have the Cruise Vacation Guide (the blue book) and that's it.

Are there any other documents required to board? I seem to recall a post a while ago that said something to that effect.

Thanks for your help.

You should have received an email "final cruise summary" or something to that effect about 3 wks prior to sailing

but your Blue book or the personal info page ( 3 I think) should do for getting into the port building (in some ports it is required)

For check in -passports & credit card & VISAS if required

Edited by LHT28

I did get that email but it was just a copy of what was already in the blue book so that's why I was wondering. If that's all I need then that's great!

Thanks again.

you could just print off the personal info page in the email if you do not want to carry the book along ;)

Or you can take the Blue Book with you as it is quite useful, keep it with you on your journey and offer the front page with your names etc it to the Port Authorities + passport. This will do as a "ticket" as proof of your identity. When you get to check- in all you need is your passport and your credit card.

Hope this helps.

As usual I needed nothing other than passports and credit card. No documents required to get into the Venice port, driver went right in.

Some ports require them some do not always good to have the personal info page with you in your carry on

OP is starting in Barcelona so maybe someone will comment on the situation there with the port people

Some ports require them some do not always good to have the personal info page with you in your carry on

OP is starting in Barcelona so maybe someone will comment on the situation there with the port people

Oh I had it, I just didn't need it.

We got the Blue Book. Nothing in it that wasn't already on my Oceania receipt so I chunked it. Too bulky to add to everything else I was carrying.

We need our passports, Visas for Brazil and to prepay the entry tax for Argentina and make sure we had the receipts with us. Got the baggage tags but they were for the wrong cabin. After three calls to Oceania, never could get the right bag tags. They finally told me that we would get them in Cape Town before boarding. I found that a little disorganized. They probably printed the tags for every cabin on the ship. Not sure why they couldn't just grab ours and send them.

We got the Blue Book. Nothing in it that wasn't already on my Oceania receipt so I chunked it. Too bulky to add to everything else I was carrying.

We need our passports, Visas for Brazil and to prepay the entry tax for Argentina and make sure we had the receipts with us. Got the baggage tags but they were for the wrong cabin. After three calls to Oceania, never could get the right bag tags. They finally told me that we would get them in Cape Town before boarding. I found that a little disorganized. They probably printed the tags for every cabin on the ship. Not sure why they couldn't just grab ours and send them.

No big deal on the tags. They'll have extras at embarkation and the room number can be written in.

Luggage tags will come in your blue cruise booklet about 4 - 6 weeks pre-cruise. We got ours a full 8 weeks pre-cruise this time, but that was earlier than usual for us. Each one is pre-printed with your name, cruise date and ship, and stateroom (if it has been assigned). If you have a guarantee on a stateroom category, the "stateroom" section will be blank and you can just write it in when you get your room assignment. They sent 3 for my husband and 3 for me.

and what about passengers that will be traveling for longer than 3 weeks before embarking? Sending out cruise documents 3 weeks before won't work for them.

The Email, see Post #2, which summarizes the information which appears in the Blue Booklet may be retrieved and printed anywhere in the World.

In any case, the Representatives at the Terminals will also have Oceania supplied Passenger Invoices supplied to them. It may be more a kerfuffle to get through the Security people, but all that one really needs to get onto the ship is a valid Passport and a working credit card.

Security is there to keep the bad people out, legitimate passengers will make their way through....

It isn't bad to be questioned, it's bad to be stopped.

and what about passengers that will be traveling for longer than 3 weeks before embarking? Sending out cruise documents 3 weeks before won't work for them.

You should get your blue book prior to 4 wks so just take that or the page with the personal info

Luggage tags will come in your blue cruise booklet about 4 - 6 weeks pre-cruise. We got ours a full 8 weeks pre-cruise this time, but that was earlier than usual for us. Each one is pre-printed with your name, cruise date and ship, and stateroom (if it has been assigned). If you have a guarantee on a stateroom category, the "stateroom" section will be blank and you can just write it in when you get your room assignment. They sent 3 for my husband and 3 for me.

Thank you. ;) Are they the kind that peel off and stick together or just paper? I have sleeves for the paper kind, but Celebrity sends the P&S type.

Edited by Iamthesea

I would ensure that the documentation you have specifies anything special - like free gratuities or internet. I do a screen print of the offer on the website or save the pages from the advertising brochure. Bring it with you!

Great idea, Thank you. My documents don't mention any of the perks so I did take a screen shot. :)

No big deal on the tags. They'll have extras at embarkation and the room number can be written in.

Or, if you're anxious about using last-minute, hand-written tags, just make your own on stiff cardboard with a bold marker. The only information the tag contains is:

o Ship's name

o Embarkation date of cruise

o Stateroom number

o Your last name

This topic has come up before and another cruiser used Power Point made the impressive home-made version shown in the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46793915&postcount=47

Edited by Pet Nit Noy