Resturant reservation rules change?

RJB

From looking at the Oceania website it seems that the number of advance specialty restaurants reservations has changed. They are giving us less in the suites than last year. Am I right? :(:(:(

RJB;

How so? On the longer cruises maybe? Being in a PH, one can typically get a Specialty Reservation most any day they want, once onboard, just not necessarily in any restaurant they want.

I would actually not be surprised, especially on the R ships, to see the PHs reservation/priority system become similar to that of the rest of the ship in the near future. Only the top suites will have near unlimited access to the Specialties.

not sure on advance reservations but it appears they are limiting access ...on paper anyway

might be like the alcohol policy ;)

This summer we were on for 12 days and had 2 advance reservations in each restaurant. ( Marina) Now I read for February we will only get 1 in each. Riviera) I wonder if the product is going downhill? Are they not taking care of their best paying customers? Does the merger come into play? Is Oceania trying to become more mass market? For the last 10 years Oceania has been pretty much a very high end cruise line. Is that coming to an end? We will go in Feb. but will rethink our July booking when we return from Feb. cruise. Not too late for them to change this policy. :(:(:(

This summer we were on for 12 days and had 2 advance reservations in each restaurant. ( Marina) Now I read for February we will only get 1 in each. Riviera) I wonder if the product is going downhill? Are they not taking care of their best paying customers? Does the merger come into play? Is Oceania trying to become more mass market? For the last 10 years Oceania has been pretty much a very high end cruise line. Is that coming to an end? We will go in Feb. but will rethink our July booking when we return from Feb. cruise. Not too late for them to change this policy. :(:(:(

Which suite were you in? Must have been OC or higher.

Does the length of your Cruise vary from last Summer to next February?

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

Penthouse Suite

• 0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant
  • 8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant
  • 18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Maybe they are just making advance reservations just 1 per cabin so everyone has a fair chance ... then onboard you can get more

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise:

Marina and Riviera

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Edited by LHT28

The above listing is a change from previously. When we sailed in a Vista suite at the end of last year, we could book 2 reservations in each restaurant online. I do not blame this on the NCHL buy-out or anything other than giving everyone a chance to book online. Once onboard it is probably easier for PH and the upper suites to book additional reservations.

Maybe they are just making advance reservations just 1 per cabin so everyone has a fair chance ... then onboard you can get more

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise:

Marina and Riviera

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant

This is a change from earlier rules. They show on the posting of Nov. 10th. title: Rest. reservation rules on Marina and Riviera. Looks to me they are downgrading their product. If so we will look elsewhere in the future. :confused:

This is a change from earlier rules. They show on the posting of Nov. 10th. title: Rest. reservation rules on Marina and Riviera. Looks to me they are downgrading their product. If so we will look elsewhere in the future. :confused:

I see it as trying to even things out and get rid of the class system. Maybe Oceania wants to make things nicer for the lower cabins.

Edited by hypercafe

Sorry, but you are just plain wrong about that. The Restaurant Reservation policies have remained consistent since the O ships were first built:

When to make your reservations:

Your booking must be paid in full.

-The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites may make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of reservations (R Ships):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (O Ships):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Number of guests per table:

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

I see it as trying to even things out and get rid of the class system. Maybe Oceania wants to make things nicer for the lower cabins.

Great idea. And maybe they should charge the same price for all their cabins. First come, first served. I would love to pay one third the price and get an owners suite. Usually in life you pay more you get more.

Not sure what you are complaining about. Once on board the PHs are near the top of the list in priority to get a reservation for that day. You don't even have to do the work yourself, the Butler will do it for you!! Are you some control freak that has to have every evening and every day planned out perfectly to be happy before you get on the Ship!! If you don't believe you're getting benefits from your PH purchase, ask those at the bottom of the priority list, that did pay a hell of a lot less, how many additional nights in Specialties they are getting. In many cases it's only one, and I've heard of instances on 10 day cruises where some got zero (0) additional nights. So your crying doesn't go far!

Sounds like you are really fixated on things going downhill.

TC, Wish we could wave as we board in CPT. Enjoy, I know we will.

PS We upgraded to an OS at a substantial discount:)

Your upgrade sounds wonderful. Enjoy every moment of the cruise (and we will wave from the Mariner to the Nautica:-)

P.S. My post above was incorrect - sorry. I did not take into consideration the length of the cruise.

I am with S&J - the rules have NOT changed.

If you were in OVO for 12 days you got 2 reservations in each specialty restaurant. If you are in OVO again - you will get the same.

Ditto for PH and below - you only get 1 reservation for each specialty for a 12 day cruise -same as before. What category suite were you in before vs where you are next?

IMO - it's not only the number of reservaions you are guaranteed as much as how much variety and what food quality you get.

Good luck finding more choices and better food on other lines.

I know I cannot - YMMV :)

Edited by Paulchili

Sounds like you are really fixated on things going downhill.

Not at all. We love O and hope to keep sailing of their ships for years to come. Would be very unhappy if the product goes downhill. Would be very shocked if Mr. FDR let that happen. Enough said.

found an old post from 2012 some thing have changed since then

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34851756&postcount=4

Number of reservations (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica):

• Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda
    10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom
    0-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

• Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite
    8+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant
  • All other suites and staterooms
    All Sailings: 1 reservation at each restaurant

One thing O should do is change the description of the length of cruises from days to nights. A 17 night cruise could be interpreted by some to mean 18 days including the day of disembarkation.

I guess it depends on how people interpret the wording

"SAILING DAYS"

I guess it depends on how people interpret the wording

"SAILING DAYS"

Actually it is how O interprets "Sailing Days" and as the term is ambiguous, would be best for them to change to nites as wripro suggested. Many mainstream cruises advertise 8 days 7 nites counting embarkation and disembarkation days which is a valid interpretation.