Travel insurance - More worried about it on a Windstar cruise

tbmrt

I usually get "basic" trip insurance for my "big ship" cruises, have Humana insurance for emergency airlift and Chase Preferred Sapphire card insurance for trip cancellation/delays, I'm more concerned about the coverage I need for my upcoming Windsurf cruise. I'm thinking that due to the size of the ship there would be a much better chance that the cruise could be cancelled or delayed for bad weather (hurricanes are covered) or mechanical problems.

I've been talking with insurance agents and am getting more confused by the minute as to what I need and what is actually belt and suspenders.

How do you handle your travel insurance for Windstar ships?

Thanks for any input.

Barbara

I've posted before that I am in the insurance business and believe Steve at the tripinsurancestore is the most knowledgeable person I've ever talked to about trip insurance. Cancellation by a common carrier is very policy specific. As for trepidation about WS because of ship size I think you're worrying unnecessarily. And we also have Chase which is a pretty good plan. Friends just collected a cancellation because of illness and they made it very simple.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I've posted before that I am in the insurance business and believe Steve at the tripinsurancestore is the most knowledgeable person I've ever talked to about trip insurance. Cancellation by a common carrier is very policy specific. As for trepidation about WS because of ship size I think you're worrying unnecessarily. And we also have Chase which is a pretty good plan. Friends just collected a cancellation because of illness and they made it very simple.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I fully agree with sb44. Just got off the Star Legend in Reykjavik (our 3rd Windstar cruise). We only sail on the small ships (usually 700 and under). We just buy regular trip insurance that covers pre-existing even if you wait until final payment to buy it - e.g. CSA Freestyle. And we have used Steve and his company (above) before.