Star Legend Iceland Cruise

smallshiprider

The seas around Iceland are unpredictable. They can be dead calm one moment and over 14 feet the next. I suggest that you come prepared with scopolamine patches. They served my husband and me well. We were not the least bit queasy when the seas got rough.

We just disembarked the Star Legend in Reykjavik 7/15. We had relatively calm waters during our circumnavigation. Some felt part of one day was a bit rough, but I didn't think so. My wife has a bit of "motion of the ocean" problem, and she was just fine - no medications ever needed on the cruise. Remember, you never are too far off the coast!

Have a wonderful trip! We'll be boarding as you leave for the return trip through Norway and ending in Ireland. I'm about to bust with excitement. We're big Windsurf fans and hoping the Star Legend will be great as well.

• 3 weeks later...

What date are your going next summer? We're looking at Iceland but want to combine with Northern Europe. I have a friend who was just there on Oceania and sent back extraordinary photos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by sb44

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many, if not all of the ports except Reykjavik, are very small towns. The shore excursions take you quite a ways from the port to see the island. There are some small shops with in some of the towns. Iceland with Windstar was a great experience!