Overnight -- Tahiti or Moorea

mjz

We are cruising French Polynesia in September on the Wind Spirit. We arrive at 5:00 a.m. on a Thursday morning and the cruise departs on Friday at 6:00 p.m. We'll overnight at the Le Meridien Tahiti (SPG Platinum is the only reason we chose this hotel) prior to the cruise. The cruise arrives back in Tahiti the following Friday at 10:00 a.m. We have another reservation at the Le Meridien Tahiti for Friday night with our flight departing around 11:55 p.m. on Saturday.

I suspect we're not going to be wild about Tahiti or the Le Meridien. We could hang out and relax at the hotel the day we get back to Tahiti and then take a guided tour around the island or to the interior of the island on Saturday. Or, we could get off the cruise, take an 11:30 a.m. ferry to Moorea and return the following day around 5:00 p.m.

We do visit Moorea for a day on the cruise and have an ATV/Jest Ski tour booked with Moorea Activities Centers. I can definitely think of more I would like to do on Moorea, or just relax on the beach at the Sofitel.

Thoughts?

I believe your departure is not at 6pm but instead at 11PM. Also, the arrival back to Tahiti is 8am not 10am. Since you will be already at the docks when you get back fro the Wind spirit cruise I would take a ferry over Moorea and spend the night there (?hilton moorea). This way you basically have all Friday and a lot of Saturday to enjoy Moorea. There are 2 ferry that go between Tahiti and Moorea, they depart thahiti at 9:45am, 11;30am and 12:45am. Keep planning

I believe your departure is not at 6pm but instead at 11PM. Also, the arrival back to Tahiti is 8am not 10am. Since you will be already at the docks when you get back fro the Wind spirit cruise I would take a ferry over Moorea and spend the night there (?hilton moorea). This way you basically have all Friday and a lot of Saturday to enjoy Moorea. There are 2 ferry that go between Tahiti and Moorea, they depart thahiti at 9:45am, 11;30am and 12:45am. Keep planning

Thank you. We're on a charter, so our departure and arrival times differ from the standard sailing. I'm really leaning towards returning to Moorea and ending the trip on a bang.

Moorea is fabulous go over on conventional ferry 2 companies run the route. Book the SOFITEL Resort reached by taxi from the ferry terminal on Moorea. Google search Papeete - Moorea ferry and you will find two operators and their schedules . Ferry terminal in Papeete is to the left as you walk off cruise boat piers . Sofitel can arrange circle Moorea half day or full day tours for you.

We chatted about this at dinner last night and we're going to head back to Moorea. After comparing the Hilton and Sofitel as well as reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I've booked an OWB at the Hilton. Now I wish I would have done two nights post cruise .... :)

Good Choice. You could also consider renting a car for a day. That way you can make the most of your stay and go wherever you want without having to wait for a shuttle or Taxi. We are renting from Albert's. It about $85/d and it includes unlimited mileage and liability insurance.

Good Choice. You could also consider renting a car for a day. That way you can make the most of your stay and go wherever you want without having to wait for a shuttle or Taxi. We are renting from Albert's. It about $85/d and it includes unlimited mileage and liability insurance.

You'll have a good time at Morea Activities Centre. I personally know the owner and he's a great guy. His name is Ben. We are planing a summer cruise next year on WS and a few days post-cruise in Morea.

Cheers

Dandee2