Royal Princess rear-facing balconies

poole

We just got off the Royal Princess and were in cabin 7121. We love the aft balconies and this one is very nice. I think they have a bit more room than a side balcony. The railing on the balcony needs re-varnishing, but I think they just have problems keeping up with maintenance , especially since it recently returned from a season on the Amazon.

As with other balcony cabins, the shower ( and bathroom) is very small, but we managed for a 14 night cruise.

I would suggest that the deck 7 balconies are the best, since you have cabins above and below. If they are not available, I would choose deck 6 next, and then deck 8 last. We had an Owner's Suite on deck 8 aft on the Tahitian Princess (sister ship) and the crew would load the isce machines and push chairs around early in the morning above us (deck 9 aft has the buffet). It was a nusiance, but not unbearable.

Thank you, Debra, that really is very helpful as we are booking on RP when she changes to be the 'Adonoa' with P&O. The aft-balcony sizes on decks 6 and 7 look larger than deck 8, but the cabins look the same size!

I presume the varnishing will be done before she becomes a "British" ship!!

Here's another vote for 7121! We stayed in this cabin in Dec 07 for 14 days and loved every minute of it. Other friends stayed in 7116 and 8090. The folks in 8090 had no complaints with noise from the Horizon Court outside eating area.

Have a lovely cruise!

VB1

Thanks, "Venus".

We are hoping to go to the Black Sea next year on 'Adonia' (correct spelling this time) as RP will be re-named, and are looking forward to having an aft-facing cabin. Do you know whether all the aft-facing balconies are the same size? The one with 8090 looks smaller on the deck plan.

Poole

Thanks, "Venus".

We are hoping to go to the Black Sea next year on 'Adonia' (correct spelling this time) as RP will be re-named, and are looking forward to having an aft-facing cabin. Do you know whether all the aft-facing balconies are the same size? The one with 8090 looks smaller on the deck plan.

Poole

Honestly, I don't believe we ever visited the folks in 8090, so I don't know if it was smaller or not? But I can say that 7116/7121 have excellent balconies, the ship is beautiful (they even have faux fireplaces around the ship), and the library is amazing (make sure to look up, the ceiling is spectacular).

Have a lovely trip--very sad to see the Royal leaving Princess!

VB1

We were in 6090 on the Ocean Princess, sister to the Pacific, and loved it! I think the stateroom is the same size, but the balcony was very large, partially covered and partially uncovered, which is nice if you want to get some sun, and if you want to sit in the covered part when it's windy or rainy. Also loved the views from the fully aft section of the ship; loved seeing and listening to the ships wake.

The only down side was that someone above us threw lit cigarettes down three times which landed on our balcony, because the balconies extend out further as you go down. We had to place a complaint, and have security get involved. It stopped after the first two days.

Thanks, "Venus".

. . . Do you know whether all the aft-facing balconies are the same size? The one with 8090 looks smaller on the deck plan.

Poole

The balconies are largest on deck 6 and smallest on deck 8. But even the deck 8 balconies are way bigger than the side balconies.

• 6 months later...
We were in 6090 on the Ocean Princess, sister to the Pacific, and loved it! I think the stateroom is the same size, but the balcony was very large, partially covered and partially uncovered, which is nice if you want to get some sun, and if you want to sit in the covered part when it's windy or rainy. Also loved the views from the fully aft section of the ship; loved seeing and listening to the ships wake.

The only down side was that someone above us threw lit cigarettes down three times which landed on our balcony, because the balconies extend out further as you go down. We had to place a complaint, and have security get involved. It stopped after the first two days.

thank you for posting....we are in that cabin next week for transatlantic :-)

Archived