Transfer from Savona to Nice Airport -wow!

dritan

I thought I would mention that the two hour road journey from Savona to Nice Airport is spectacular and a fantastic way to end a cruise. We had really contemplated going to Milan or Genoa but this 19 euro trip was fantastic. Would definitely recommend taking this particular route home to the UK if possible .

Whoops! Didn't realise there was a 19 euro transfer and went taxi to Savona station, train to Ventimiglia, train to Nice and taxi to airport at about 100 euros between us and not much change out of 4 hours - nearly missed the flight.

Iconic rail journey, though I think it must have been market day in Ventimiglia and a heck of a step down to the platform at Nice.

I thought I would mention that the two hour road journey from Savona to Nice Airport is spectacular and a fantastic way to end a cruise. We had really contemplated going to Milan or Genoa but this 19 euro trip was fantastic. Would definitely recommend taking this particular route home to the UK if possible .

I totally agree with you.... The scenery was spectacular and the time went so quickly.

Kind regards

Meg x x x

was this a costa transfer? bought ahead of time or on the ship?

I bought this prior to boarding,although completely separately from my original booking which was via a travel agency. for me it's one of Costa's key selling points. previously a transfer from Rome airport to civitavecchia was only 14 euros.compared to the main American lines, that's a real bargain and means you're not worried about delays in public transport.

don't know if you can purchase while on the ship though.

• 1 year later...

dritan,

You said "I bought this prior to boarding...".

Can you please let me know who I can contact to buy a transfer from the Savona Cruise Port to the Nice Airport ?

Thank you very much!

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
dritan,

You said "I bought this prior to boarding...".

Can you please let me know who I can contact to buy a transfer from the Savona Cruise Port to the Nice Airport ?

Thank you very much!

Ray

HI Ray

Have just seen this ( mainly because I just booked another costa cruise from Savona yesterday) :-)

We contacted the costa cruise email address ( I think it should be on their website) to arrange times and booking of the transfer. In fact we've just priced one today and it's £18 one way transfer from Savona to Nice airport.

Milan is slightly higher at £24

Kind regards

Glenda

HI Ray

Have just seen this ( mainly because I just booked another costa cruise from Savona yesterday) :-)

We contacted the costa cruise email address ( I think it should be on their website) to arrange times and booking of the transfer. In fact we've just priced one today and it's £18 one way transfer from Savona to Nice airport.

Milan is slightly higher at £24

Kind regards

Glenda

Hi Glenda, thanks so much for sharing this!

We have done quite some cruises with other lines and will be going on the Costa Magica in august. Before you've mentioned it I didn't look at the Costa transfers because of our experience with the other cruiselines (HAL charges about $50 one way...)

Besides that it is is very economical for us to fly to Nice! All in all you have just saved us €250 for 2 pax. Thanks again!

Sorry if its a dumb question, but would anyone know the best way to get from Nice to Savona before the cruise starts? Are these transfers only available upon departing the ship?

You have the option ( both when booking, and later on via their email) of booking either direction or both directions. It's the same cost each way.

Personally, I think sorting out the transfer via email is preferable. I like to check the timing of the transfer bus from Nice first and then select the best flight option - ie: one that allows for some delay but won't have us sitting around for over 2 hours :-)

Kind regards

Glenda

Hi Glenda, thanks so much for sharing this!

We have done quite some cruises with other lines and will be going on the Costa Magica in august. Before you've mentioned it I didn't look at the Costa transfers because of our experience with the other cruiselines (HAL charges about $50 one way...)

Besides that it is is very economical for us to fly to Nice! All in all you have just saved us €250 for 2 pax. Thanks again!

Happy to help. I too was so surprised first time around:D

Personally, I think sorting out the transfer via email is preferable. I like to check the timing of the transfer bus from Nice first and then select the best flight option - ie: one that allows for some delay but won't have us sitting around for over 2 hours :-)

And don't make the silly mistake of sitting in the wrong terminal at Nice waiting for the coach, when it departs from the other one...

Two couples did that on my last cruise with Costa, and although they were able to alert Costa to delay the coach that had already left, it cost the several hundred Euros in a taxi fare to catch up.

And don't make the silly mistake of sitting in the wrong terminal at Nice waiting for the coach, when it departs from the other one...

Two couples did that on my last cruise with Costa, and although they were able to alert Costa to delay the coach that had already left, it cost the several hundred Euros in a taxi fare to catch up.

Oh thanks for the tip! I've only done the ship to airport transfer whereas this time it will be airport to ship and wouldn't have picked up on the fact there are two terminals. Will ask when booking.

:)

For more information regarding the bus transfer Nice<->Savona you can take a look at the french Costa website here: http://www.costacroisieres.fr/B2C/F/Before_you_go/collegamenti/Pages/aerei-pullman.aspx

The english translation (mostly from Google):

Bus transfer from Nice

To pre-arrange your routes go by train or plane from Paris or province to Nice, we wish to inform you of hourly transfers Nice / Savona bus.

Depending on your source, go to your cruise from Nice

since:

The railway station of Nice:

Meet at 12:00 ET start at 12:15

Nice airport:

Meet at 12:30 at Terminal 2 - door A3, Arrivals area on the ground floor and departure at 12:45

On your return by bus transfer Savona / Nice, hours of landing your ship can vary depending cruises. We therefore recommend to book your return with a post -routings from Nice train station or Nice Airport from 14.30 and not before.