Embarkation in Los Angeles

croozer

I couldn't seem to find anything in my documents about what time embarkation starts in Los Angeles, so I called Princess. The woman said embarkation starts at 12 noon, but she didn't sound so sure. Is that the official time but do they actually open embarkation a bit earlier? I'm taking a shared shuttle and they always overestimate the time, so I could be there really really early and it would be nice if I could get on the ship closer to 11 or 11:30. Anybody have any experience with this in L.A? Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Embarkation will most likely start between 11:00 and 11:30AM. It will depends on how quickly the Customs and Border Protection clearance goes for the previous cruise. After our Golden Hawaii cruise earlier this year, disembarkation started about 20 minutes earlier than scheduled so all pasenger were off the ship by 10:30. The disembarkation schedule we were given, which I still have, showed last group were due off at 10:45AM.

As Platinum, have boarded in LA as early as 1115hrs and been in stateroom by 1145-1200hrs. As previous poster has indicated it depends when the Customs and Border Protection crew and whether they got up early enough and or when they get onboard they got up out of the right side of bed.

Have met some super agents and others were real miserable SOBs so that can determine the length of time it takes to clear the ship of all pax.

Ciao for now!!!

I appreciate the thoughtful responses. It's what I was hoping to hear. With the shared van and LA traffic, I might not get there until 12:30, or it could be as early as 10:30. If I get there on the early side and don't have to sit around for an hour and a half, it'd be nice. Thanks again for the info.

I appreciate all the great responses, and you're all so right--it just depends on a lot of factors. The last Panama Canal cruise I took was two years ago out of Ft. Lauderdale and they had a freak incident--not one but TWO fire extinguishers exploded and they closed the port while homeland security investigated. We didn't get on the ship until 3 p.m. The last time I disembarked in LA was at the Long Beach pier and they only had two immigration agents for the whole ship. It took so long, I had to pay for another day of parking, so I can imagine how delayed the embarkation procedure was. Still, all in all, I can hope things go smoothly this Tuesday and I don't have to cool my heels too long. I must say that everything has fallen into place so nicely with this cruise, and I've been so lucky with every detail (including a visit from the upgrade fairy) that I just kinda expect the best at every juncture.

I sailed out of San Pedro two weeks ago and the check-in desks were already open when we arrived at 11:00 a.m. We started boarding at 11:30 a.m. (elite & platinum priority boarding). We were the last passengers in the priority line and the general line started right after us at about 11:45 a.m. Bon voyage!

Archived