VIKING REFERRALS [new rules]

Host Jazzbeau

This sticky is to be used for all Referral Offers for Viking River Cruises. This is the ONLY thread in which unsolicited referral offers may be made. [Original thread created November 23rd, 2014.]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

On March 31, 2015 I was informed by Carol From California that Viking has a "new policy that no referrals can be made that come from the Internet. I am contacting you (and copying them) on this request. I would like you to take down the entire VIKING REFERRAL thread on both the RIVER CRUISE board and the VIKING OCEAN CRUISE board. Both of them are at the top. I and others have posted Viking customer numbers for referrals, and so if you take them down this will not happen again, where Cruise Critic people see these posts and call Viking to get referrals (against Viking’s policy). After you take down the posts, in its place can you please post something that states Viking does not allow any referrals that come from Cruise Critic and advise people not to post their customer numbers on Cruise Critic anymore? Viking does not want anyone to post customer numbers and they will not honor referrals that were obtained from Cruise Critic."

We have contacted Viking for confirmation of this policy change.

In the absence of a response from Viking, I am posting the current policy statement from their website:

"I was referred by a passenger who posted their name and customer ID on a social media form, is this considered a valid referral?

No, in this case your refer vouchers would be voided and any discount applied would be removed."

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/0047...ate_112013.pdf

This thread is now closed.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Cruise Critic Members and Viking Travelers,

We wanted to let you know that we are listening and we apologize for our slow public response to this issue.

In the coming weeks we will be reviewing the Viking Referral Rewards program so that the policy is clearly communicated with our guests and with all members of the Viking team. The ways in which social media is used to make or receive a Viking referral will also be reviewed. When the revised policy is finalized our marketing materials will be updated to reflect it and we will also share it here. We apologize for the confusion, disappointment and frustration we have caused, particularly to our valued guests who put their trust in Viking Cruises by referring us to family and friends.

We ask that you please continue to be patient with us. Reviewing our referral program and updating policies and marketing materials (where needed) will take some time, though we will attend to this matter as quickly as we can.

If you have concerns with your referral credits or would like to speak to Customer Relations regarding this issue, please contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Please include your 10-digit customer number in your email if you would like assistance with the current status of your credits.

Thank you,

Viking Cruises

P.S. As we’ve done in the past, we will post this response to the various threads that have included recent discussions about this topic. Please excuse the repetition.