If only 1 place to visit, which one?

pal

This will be our first visit to Tahiti. If you had only one place to visit ...which island would it be? I would love to see the pearl farms and/or markets ... where to go?

• 2 weeks later...
This will be our first visit to Tahiti. If you had only one place to visit ...which island would it be? I would love to see the pearl farms and/or markets ... where to go?

i say Moorea as you added pear farms. .but more to do on bora bora.. but also more costly.

Well....no matter what you do you will fly into Tahiti and then it sounds like you want to go on to one island.

If cost is a factor Moorea wins as you can take a $30 round trip ferry vs. a $450 round trip flight to other islands. Moorea has far more to do and see than Bora Bora. However, the lagoon on Bora Bora is spectacular and you will find great snorkeling and water activities. Having been to a pearl farm a number of times it really is a let down so I would not base my trip on that.

The markets are pretty plain. Many like to go to the market which is a couple of blocks from the ferry on Tahiti. If you choose Bora Bora you could fly back to Tahiti in the late morning, take a taxi to the downtown area and explore the area and the markets and then head back to the airport for what is usually a late flight out at around 11:00 pm.

As you can see I am suggesting either Moorea or Bora Bora although many do both. One easy way to fulfill all of your wish list is to consider the Paul Gauguin cruise out of Tahiti. It is spectacular.