Holiday Beach vs Lions Dive for beach morning

bailey57

Port stop 8-4. I did an island tour last time and didn't get to put my feet in the water or walk around town, so both are a priority this time.

I know the best beaches aren't near town and we'd planned to go to Cos Abao, but don't want to spend the $$ and 2 hours to cab back and forth, so looking for a decent beach closer to port, which would leave plenty of time to explore town. Seek clean, not too crowded with good water access, and snorkeling would be great, if possible.

I also thought about Blue Bay, but think that's farther...?? Input welcome.

I've written both Holiday and Lions Dive asking cost for 2-3 hour pass, and am currently leaning to Lions Dive, but wanted to ask y'all which you would recommend - or if there's another you'd suggest.

Thanks!

Edited by bailey57

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Bad sentence order/structure... :rolleyes:

All three properties I'm now looking at (Lions, Holiday & Blue Bay) are closer to port than Cos Abao. And, I believe that of those three, Blue Bay is farthest from port. I'm looking for info on all three. I hope that clarifies.

Ok. We have not been to Lions. Blue Bay is the furthest from the port. Blue Bay has full facilities and charges an entrance fee. We took a ships excursion to Blue Bay so I don't know the entrance fee.

The beach was nice - there was alot of shade - we did a little touring before going there - so I would say maybe 15-20 minutes from port if that.

It was our first time snorkeling and my husband went out further than I did and saw alot. There were not alot of people (this was in 2013) but we went in the morning and were back to the ship by 12:30 pm.

For us - we have spent 2 week long vacations in Curacao and this cruise we have a very long day in Curacao - we are renting a car and going to the North western beaches which are less populated - much better snorkeling in our opinion.

I hope this helps.

Port stop 8-4. I did an island tour last time and didn't get to put my feet in the water or walk around town, so both are a priority this time.

I know the best beaches aren't near town and we'd planned to go to Cos Abao, but don't want to spend the $$ and 2 hours to cab back and forth, so looking for a decent beach closer to port, which would leave plenty of time to explore town. Seek clean, not too crowded with good water access, and snorkeling would be great, if possible.

I also thought about Blue Bay, but think that's farther...?? Input welcome.

I've written both Holiday and Lions Dive asking cost for 2-3 hour pass, and am currently leaning to Lions Dive, but wanted to ask y'all which you would recommend - or if there's another you'd suggest.

Thanks!

Looks like we are on the same cruise...