Moorea - use of hotel private beach

cavydad

We are traveling on the Radiance of the Seas in September and will have a day on Moorea. We already booked a day tour of Papate and a outrigger tour of Bora Bora.

I am looking for a more restful day on Moorea. Do any of the hotels permit the use of their facilities and private beach? In the Caribbean I could rent a lounge chair or be given the use of the facilities if I bought lunch.

Do any hotels on Moorea offer similar services?

We are traveling on the Radiance of the Seas in September and will have a day on Moorea. We already booked a day tour of Papate and a outrigger tour of Bora Bora.

I am looking for a more restful day on Moorea. Do any of the hotels permit the use of their facilities and private beach? In the Caribbean I could rent a lounge chair or be given the use of the facilities if I bought lunch.

I can't answer your question. We are going in May of 2017 and I wondered which company you used for your outrigger tour of Bora Bora?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question. We are going in May of 2017 and I wondered which company you used for your outrigger tour of Bora Bora?

Thanks!

We are on a tour with Patrick's. It is very popular. A person on our cruise booked all of his outriggers a month before the cruise went on the market.

I second that for Patrick's on Bora Bora. Depending on what ship you are on, you can book in advance and must pay in cash when they pick up . He is contracted with PG, so he can not book private tours if you are on that ship. We were on Windstar, so were able to book. It was so much fun! We snorkeled with the black fin sharks and stingrays, then drift snorkeled in two other locations, and then the traditional Polynesian meal on the family's

private island. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Les Tipaniers lets you use their beach. It's nice and they have an excellent restaurant there. The other hotels you need to purchase a day pass. It's very laid back so don't except "Caribbean" facilities or amenities.

We visited a local hotel and beach last year on Moorea. After the little market stalls, taxis pulled up in the large car park beyond. Most were looking for longer distance trips but would fill additional spaces with those looking for a beach stop off. It cost $5 each person each way. There was a wide path/road alongside the building where we were dropped which led to the beach.

There were very few loungers but we took ship's towels but there were grassy areas under trees as well as in the sun. There was a bar which provided cold drinks and snacks. The sea was lovely to swim in.

On our return, we all waited out front of the hotel until a taxi turned up. There are so few roads on the island, it was not long before one passes. And word gets out that there are people waiting.

This was not a five star hotel but pleasant and adequate for a quiet beach day.

I would not recommend trying to walk to the hotel, it is too far in the heat and if no one is dropped off at the time you are passing, you would not recognise the route to the beach as there are no signs that we could see.

Whatever you do on Moorea, enjoy it. It is a really beautiful island.