What did you do in Pago Pago for the day??

Kiwi_cruiser

We went to Pago Pago in September 2013, when we went there; we just went with a local in one of those open air buses, who took us around some of the island.

We ended up having a swim at Utulei Beach and then going to a bar nearby (I think it was called Goat Island Café).

We are now going back to Pago Pago in Feb 2015, and I was wondering what did you do in Pago Pago for the day?

Also has anyone been to $2 beach or one other the others?, if so how did you get back to the ship?? :)

I haven't been to Samoa since the late 1980's, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. But, they used to have numerous aiga (pronounced "eye-inga") buses that were very cheap. Basically, a bus structure built onto a mini-pickup truck. In the 1980's the fare was 25 cents...........maybe 50 cents to go from the inner harbor to the airport. If they still exist, just hail one as they go by, and then step on board. Pay whatever the fare is. They run every couple of minutes.

http://www.americansamoa.travel/transportation

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Pago Pago in September 2013, when we went there; we just went with a local in one of those open air buses, who took us around some of the island.

We ended up having a swim at Utulei Beach and then going to a bar nearby (I think it was called Goat Island Café).

We are now going back to Pago Pago in Feb 2015, and I was wondering what did you do in Pago Pago for the day?

Also has anyone been to $2 beach or one other the others?, if so how did you get back to the ship?? :)

Let me know what you decide on for Pago Pago as we are there next year. We have been once before and did a tour with Travelwinds...I think the Two dollar beach may be a good choice. I hear the beer is cold.:)

Enjoy your cruise next week Stu :):)

Let me know what you decide on for Pago Pago as we are there next year. We have been once before and did a tour with Travelwinds...I think the Two dollar beach may be a good choice. I hear the beer is cold.:)

Enjoy your cruise next week Stu :):)

Will do and Thank you :)

• 1 year later...

Would appreciate any recent info on things to do on Pago Pago. I know that Tisa's Barefoot Bar is well recommended, but the beach scene doesn't really appeal to us. Research tells me there is a museum, governor's mansion, public market and other attractions in Fagatogo. Are they walkable from where cruise ships dock?

Would appreciate any recent info on things to do on Pago Pago. I know that Tisa's Barefoot Bar is well recommended, but the beach scene doesn't really appeal to us. Research tells me there is a museum, governor's mansion, public market and other attractions in Fagatogo. Are they walkable from where cruise ships dock?

Some of them are walkable from the ship and others like the governor's mansion, you will need to get a taxi to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did a ship tour around the island and to some view points plus the governor's house which was a lovely stop. We went through the home, visited with the family a bit and saw the memorabilia of heads of state. We stopped at a church and also saw some native dancing.

On our way back tot he ship we stopped at the museum which was next to our pier. The museum was a worthwhile stop as a first time visitor but 45 minutes was enough to see it all. m--