day passes in Puerto Vallarta?

LYNNF

Looking for all inclusive resort day pass in Puerto Vallarta. Unable to find anything up to date in this thread. Years ago, went to Paradise Village, shore excursion on Carnival, which was great. Can't find anything on this resort for day passes. Will be on Celebrity Cruise which doesn't off this excursion. Would appreciate any info on current resorts that offer day passes and how far from cruise port. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for all inclusive resort day pass in Puerto Vallarta. Unable to find anything up to date in this thread. Years ago, went to Paradise Village, shore excursion on Carnival, which was great. Can't find anything on this resort for day passes. Will be on Celebrity Cruise which doesn't off this excursion. Would appreciate any info on current resorts that offer day passes and how far from cruise port. Thank you.

Quite frankly, I've never understood why one would cruise, and then when docked, search for an AI. PV has some of the best food, great beverages, and the most "swimmable" beaches of any stop in Mexico. If it were me (and we have been there, done that) I would grab a cab at the docks, go to old town (or Romantica) and then wander back towards the docks along the Malecon. You will find lots of truly great places to eat, drink, and get your feet wet (swim). On the way back, if you tire, then just grab a $6US cab back to the docks. You have a pool on the ship, why not swim in the ocean while you're in PV? We feel much safer in PV than we do in Portland!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Casa Velas for 100 each last month. Five minutes from port. It was a perfect day. This is not your typical AI. It is a boutique resort. Take a look at Trip Advisor reviews. They only offer day passes in their low season.

• 2 weeks later...

We spent an amazing day at Nikki Beach. We got our pass through Carnival. It included two drinks and a couple of appetizers. You also, of course, get full use of their pool and it's right on the beach. The DS's GF and I loved it and can't wait to go again. The reason we did this is because we in port in Cabo for 2 days. One day we did a very physical excursion so the second day we just wanted to kick back and relax. You can't compare the pool at a resort to the pools on cruise ships. And you do get to swim in the ocean at Nikki Beach. You can reach them directly on their website and get passes directly from them. All I can say is I wish I were back there right now having a couple of cute guys waiting on me hand and foot! It was awesome!:D

Mariott has daypasses for Pesos 350,- per person, of which Pesos 250,- is good for food and drinks. You need a cab to get there, or one of the blue/white buses in front of Walmart, with Marina on the window. Pesos 7.50 per person per ride.

Edited by Ine

Dreams, the BEST swimming beach in PV. A bit of a taxi ride, about 15min., but well worth it. If I recall it was around $75, but private beach, no vendors, pool with swim up bar, beach service, great food and drinks. Truly Beautiful and relaxing. Great service too.

Dreams, the BEST swimming beach in PV. A bit of a taxi ride, about 15min., but well worth it. If I recall it was around $75, but private beach, no vendors, pool with swim up bar, beach service, great food and drinks. Truly Beautiful and relaxing. Great service too.

Dreams Puerto Vallarta is going to shut down soon and will be closed for a while.

After that it will be a Hyatt Hotel.

Thanks, I couldnot find the exact date.

My Pleasure I now think it might have closed late April now. I think it reopens in Nov?

Just booked our fall trip a few days in Punta Minta and then a week at Vista del Sol late Oct/early Nov.

If you are around we should try to get a CC meet and great together :)

Can't wait to get back to my favourite place in the world.

Edited by quincytoo

My Pleasure I now think it might have closed late April now. I think it reopens in Nov?

Just booked our fall trip a few days in Punta Minta and then a week at Vista del Sol late Oct/early Nov.

If you are around we should try to get a CC meet and great together :)

Can't wait to get back to my favourite place in the world.

Too bad, that will be a bit too early for us. Nothing booked yet, but we intend to go end of November/beginning of December for 4 or 5 months.

We had a nice meeting(s) last winter with Hank (Hlinter) and Wendy (Gomexico.)

Yes still our favorite place too.

• 2 years later...
Quite frankly, I've never understood why one would cruise, and then when docked, search for an AI. PV has some of the best food, great beverages, and the most "swimmable" beaches of any stop in Mexico. If it were me (and we have been there, done that) I would grab a cab at the docks, go to old town (or Romantica) and then wander back towards the docks along the Malecon. You will find lots of truly great places to eat, drink, and get your feet wet (swim). On the way back, if you tire, then just grab a $6US cab back to the docks. You have a pool on the ship, why not swim in the ocean while you're in PV? We feel much safer in PV than we do in Portland!

geez what a PA answer. She asked about a day pass. Not to be told that's a lame thing to do. Everyone likes different things. I'd like a day pass too ;-)

geez what a PA answer. She asked about a day pass. Not to be told that's a lame thing to do. Everyone likes different things. I'd like a day pass too ;-)

Sorry, but I have no idea what a "PA answer" is. This is a two year old post, and I made my best attempt to provide not only an answer, but a suggestion as to an alternative. On our first cruise to Mexico, we literally did not wander out of the view of the cruise docks, as we had no idea as to what else there was to see, let alone where we should explore! 17 trips later (usually spending 2-3 weeks at a time), we know better!

Frankly Linda, your response is entirely why we do not post as often as we used to.